Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
going to a high fence what can i expect? >

going to a high fence what can i expect?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

going to a high fence what can i expect?

Old 12-29-2009, 09:09 AM
bigcountry

I high fense hunted once. Never in my life was I so disappointed in myself. But I guess all has to find out for themselves.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Spike

Default Depends on the outfit

I can tell you I have only hunted two high fence operations in my life. One was great the other was horriable. Hopefully this will help.... First one was in TX. There was 20,000 acres boxed in. We never saw the fence other then the drive in. It was a difficult hunt no doubt but it never seamed quite right. I do have to say.... GREAT TIME. Let's face it... they are hogs and are not easy to kill under most conditions.

The other... Horriable... we went to Wilderness Hunting in TN. This operation is a joke. They claim to have thousands of acres and that they do but they fence off the operation in sections. It was no kill no pay so I should have taken the hint. We were placed in an area of about 100 acres... hogs running accross our feet. It sucked. I will say though I drew my bow a few dozen times but never touched the trigger. I got my money back after some complaining. So... Leason learned and it only cost me gas money.

If you can avoid it... stay away from fences, there are plenty of good operations that will get you on game without the fence.