Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

300+ Pound Russian Boar

Old 10-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default 300+ Pound Russian Boar

On thursday, October 15th, dad and I left for Cheboygan, MI for a Russian boar hunt, part of my Christmas present. Hunted thursday afternoon and didnt get any opportunities. Friday morning we went out at first light, to try and spot and stalk a boar, but we didnt see any. Later in the morning we started driving out some thick pine rows and saw one hog, but it bolted not offering the bowtech an opportunity. We didnt see anything until we drove out some more THICK pine rows. Dad and i were on opposite sides and he said there was something coming out my side, which turned out to be 3 russian boars. We tried to cut them off but they outsmarted us again!!! We were pretty disappointed, when Larry, our guide, pulled up and said he spotted a hog. We hoofed it to were the hog was heading to try and cut it off. The boar closed the distance to 30 yards and started coming strait at us. Larry told me if he charges to drill him, but i was going to climb the tree instead! When he got to 20 yards he turned and i drilled him with the rage and blood started pumping out immediately! He went 80 yards through some grass and fell over. My heart was pumping and my knees shaking. The russian boar weighed well over 300lbs and will make an awesome half mount on my wall! Here are a bunch of pics! We had a great time at Renegade Ranch and loved the challenge! The hunt was by far much tougher than we expected.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Holy cow!!! What an awesome hog! Congrats!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:40 AM
Spike

Very nice hog.I agree,should make a great mount.Dave
Old 10-20-2009, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, it was a monster!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the nice boar.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Spike

WOW very nice.... Im getting the boar hunting itch after seeing all the pics.. Too bad VA doesnt have any :-(

brian
Old 10-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Spike

We also went to the Renegade Ranch a few years ago. We too also had a great time, excelent people and accomodations....
Old 10-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a nice take right there..it aint ugly enough to be a Russian though...im sure it has some in it but definitely a big one..all the pigs here came from 8 pigs gool ol cris columbus brought over ...so definatly some russian in it im sure..have ya seen the show "pig bomb"...those are nasty bores in russia...they can kill ya after they die(jk)

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 10-21-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

cabrone, thats a good'n. good job ! congrats!
Old 10-23-2009, 06:49 AM
Spike

great hog and good story! Congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.