Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
hunt park fallow deer / red deer ? >

hunt park fallow deer / red deer ?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

hunt park fallow deer / red deer ?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys im still working on getting the pics posted and as soon as we got in the blind my video battery died so no video sorry

will say i was amazed i didnt expect to have to hunt as hard as we did. not complaining, after being told how many animals were in the hunt area i figured it would be like target practicing but i will say they knew we were there and what we were doing, and wanted no part of it. my girlfriend got her fallow at about 130 awesome shot 100 yards broadside she put it right in the boiler room. got the red deer at about 4. but had hunted since daylight and the fallow deer was the first thing wede seen.

im glad it wasnt as easy as id expected and have made up my mind that these animals are not pets you cannot shake a grain can and have them come running and anyone that thinks this should try it they would be proven wrong. as with any game animal these are in their element and you have to hunt them, not just shoot them. Uncle has done a wonderful job and congratulated him on his hard work. he was exelent with the girlfriend as well he coached her thruogh the shot as i would have been fed up and stole her rifle before she shot but he helped her the whole time. she wanted to gut it so he let her and instructed her the whole way way more patience than i have with her and she had a great time and is already trying to decide what animal she wants to hunt next time,
Old 11-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Spike

I'm very interested! I would love to find out more.

OK, cool!^_^ I just wanted to make sure I didn't do anything wrong :]

Nice! I'll start saving up some scratch for this

great news, i love my seed upgrade.

Any one?

To be continued...
Old 11-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ahunter55
I HAVE bowhunted some High fence operations for Exotics & hogs. It is not like real hunting as most things are in place for you-stands, feeders ect. I did this to expand my off season time in the field & to bowhunt animals I could not afford to go after in their native country. I have not Bowhunted the (guarentee kill-no kill, no pay) places. I've gone to facilities of 1000 to 4000 acres. It is fun but not like a true hunt. Yes, the animals were always wary & not always could you get a shot with a Bow. You "usually" see something though.
I Bowhunted a place that had a Axis herd & I wanted to try for one-I went on 2, 4 day trips & 1, 8 day trip & got ONE SHOT in that time at the only antlered Axis I saw. You were allowed 1 hog & 1 Antlered Exotic on a 1200 acre facility. I had 1 shot at a hog I missed & 1 shot at one I killed in those same trips. Cost was $1000 for 4 days of lodging & Bowhunting & no extra for a kill. I did take an Exotic on each of those Bowhunts other than the Axis since I saw none except once.
It is fun & can be challenging if the place is good size & not a guarentee but remember, they are in a fence...Enjoy your trip.
I took a Red Deer on another 4 day Bowhunt & they are DELICIOUS, same as our Elk....
did you go to dos plumas in texas on those hunts? if so can you tell me alittle about it im going there in may and wondering what to expect.