Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

how to bring them in?

Old 09-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Spike

Default how to bring them in?

is there a certain way to get hogs to come to ur land?
Old 09-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think water is as important as a food source. If pigs cross the land feeders or buried soured corn will keep them coming back.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Spike

pig out wild beast attractant with corn
Old 09-17-2009, 03:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you seriously deer hunt on that place you do want hogs on it. i made the mistake of encouraging hogs to frequent one of our places: Big mistake. They are ruining the pond, eating up all feeder corn, and making a mess of the game plots. We have trapped and shot 9 hogs on that place in the past two months and they just keep coming.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
If you seriously deer hunt on that place you do want hogs on it. i made the mistake of encouraging hogs to frequent one of our places: Big mistake. They are ruining the pond, eating up all feeder corn, and making a mess of the game plots. We have trapped and shot 9 hogs on that place in the past two months and they just keep coming.
Good advice. If you hunt deer on your property, don't attract hogs.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Good advice. If you hunt deer on your property, don't attract hogs.
That is strange, because I have hogs on my property and deer still come on the pasture everyday!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

The deer continue to come until the hogs root the place up, ruin the water holes and eat up all the mast. I have watched hogs run deer out of the wheat fields, off game plots and away from feeders. Deer and elk, especially elk, do not even like to drink from ponds that hogs frequent. I hunt on a very large piece of property that is overrun with hogs. About 20 elk have left that place and have migrated onto private property where there are fewer hogs and more to eat.

Got a call from our neighbor this morning. He caught three more hogs on our place last night.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Rebel Hog
That is strange, because I have hogs on my property and deer still come on the pasture everyday!
Hey Reb, that's only because the deer know your too old to see them now..

I heard you've made a petting zoo at your place.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
Hey Reb, that's only because the deer know your too old to see them now..

I heard you've made a petting zoo at your place.
Your one to talk...we should put you in a petting zoo! .10 cents kids come pet the old goat...he smells but he don't hurt much,especialy if he's carrying a bow!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by RLoving1
Your one to talk...we should put you in a petting zoo! .10 cents kids come pet the old goat...he smells but he don't hurt much,especialy if he's carrying a bow!
Ouch. He sounds like one when he sleeps. Oh yea, he doesnt snore, he sleeps loud.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.