Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
What is the best state to boar hunt in? >

What is the best state to boar hunt in?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

What is the best state to boar hunt in?

Old 09-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Spike

Default What is the best state to boar hunt in?

I live in New York and have wanted for a while to go boar hunting. what area/state is the best? Thanks.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Spike

Texas, or florida get my vote. Its hard to beat the swamps around lake O. in southern FL. Texas has tons of hogs and resonable rates to kill a bunch of pigs
Old 09-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Spike

i hear texas is. they kill them from planes
Old 09-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

TEXAS!! we can sale helicopterhog hunts commercially, once you cover the helicopter the pigs come cheap if not free. we do it a few times a year on our ranches just to make an attempt at keeping the numbers down for management. they are just too hardy for us to get under control though. im not for sure if were the best but i know that i have shot too many to count and they are all over the state. not to mention some of the most exciting spot and stalks ive experienced, some even start hunting you. i would highly reccomend coming and trying it out. we often give them aaway when hunters come to the ranch. its a great addition to the meat taken home. sausage is cheap and easy to make then!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have to agree with the rest. Texas and Florida!
Old 09-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
I have to agree with the rest. Texas and Florida!
10-4, Cuz!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty soon you'll be able to choose just about any state as the best. These suckers are spreading incredibly fast.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 2 choices are up there high! Florida may have public land you can hunt...that would be a big plus.Texas is mostly private so you don't have to worry about others messing with your setup...our problem here in Texas is the hogs are a problem and they want to charge you a premium to shoot them.Both states have goods and bads!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have Bowhunted Tx for them several times & Oklahoma over feeders. No spot & Stalk. 1 hound/hog Bowhunt.
I was in Fl. this summer & took a Swamp tour & saw TONs of HOGs. Did a internet search & the fees for semi-guided & hound Hog hunts are less than the normal fees in Tx. & Ok.
If Fl. was 13-14 hours away like Ok & Tx I would start going there. Fl. is 24 hours one way for us.
Do a search on the net or check with some of this sites sponsors.
Hog Hunting & the state is all you need-you'll get lots of info & prices. Avg. is around $100 or less per day.
I've been on about 15-16 Bowhunts the last 7-8 years & it becomes addictive for sure.
Fl. would be the closest for you or N.C., S.C. if you find a decent outfitter there.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by RLoving1
The 2 choices are up there high! Florida may have public land you can hunt...that would be a big plus.Texas is mostly private so you don't have to worry about others messing with your setup...our problem here in Texas is the hogs are a problem and they want to charge you a premium to shoot them.Both states have goods and bads!
I have only hunted them in Texas. And I can attest that my land is eat up with them. When Rowell and Bob came out, Rowell practically walked up on a small herd and shot one at about 20 yards. Not every one can do that. Most people are taller than the grass he was hiding behind. Bob and I had to wait way back and watch. From a far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.