Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Wild hogs...anybody seeing many????? >

Wild hogs...anybody seeing many?????

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Wild hogs...anybody seeing many?????

Old 08-16-2009, 05:52 AM
Spike

Angry Wild hogs...anybody seeing many?????

I live in north central LA and over the past several years the hogs have just about taken over. There are hogs now in places where there never has been before and they are tearing everything up!! Just wondering what other states are looking like? Ya'll seeing many???
Old 08-16-2009, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

We don't have wild hogs around here. I understand that they can do a massive amount of damage to the areas they live in. The IA DNR has said that there are small groups of them now in the very southernmost areas of the state, but none this far north (yet). While I certainly feel for the farmers that have to cope with the damage hogs cause, I actually envy you for having such a "problem." If I lived in a hog infested area, I'd be out just about every weekend trying to whack a couple to fill the freezer. Most states don't require any tags or licenses to shoot them, so the cost to put one in the freezer is just gas and ammo (and I can make plenty of ammo!). Iowa DNR has put out a "shoot on sight" request for feral hogs. If you see one, they want you to shoot it right now, with the only additional request being that they want you to call them and report where, when and how many hogs you saw/shot so they can get a handle on the scope of the infestation.

Mike
Old 08-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hogs

Same thing has already happened here in GA. I live in Central GA, near the Ocmulgee river, use to be you only found hogs near the rivers, now they are every where. They are destroying farm crops etc. all across the county I live in, and the state.

We used to have several feeders on our hunting club near the river, hogs just about took it over. When we took down the feeders puting out corn, (which was put up to help attract more deer to our property and know one was allowed to hunt near the feeders), we was able to thin out the hogs and get them under control. Something to think about!

dog1
Old 08-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Spike

yea, we bait'em up around here and try to get as many as we can and alot of guys have dogs and hunt them for fun. You can't kill'em all once they get established.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Spike

We are over run with them here in east central fla
Old 08-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

5 years ago there weren't any hogs on our hill farm. Three years ago we started seeing hog sign, I shot two young boars that sept. Now there is sign everywhere we go. They are rooting up the whole farm now. Talked with a game warden for our area last year, he said that several years ago about 20 got loose a few miles to our north and the population has just exploded from there. I sure wish we could get rid of them, but it dont look like thats gonna happen.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

We're infested with them down here too. I thoroughly enjoy hunting hogs.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Spike

My nephew traps hogs for Citrus County in West Fl. and he says they are over run there too.Dave
Old 08-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm in West Central, Fl and we also are over crowded with them........
Old 08-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Spike

We've got them everywhere in eastern SC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.