Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Lets see some of your Hogs-Exotic pics >

Lets see some of your Hogs-Exotic pics

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Lets see some of your Hogs-Exotic pics

Old 10-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

This was my 1st Texas hog-15 yd shot just as it was turning Daylight-went 30 yds...
Attached Thumbnails Lets see some of your Hogs-Exotic pics-texas-hog.jpg  
Old 11-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Axis Mount from about 5 years ago. I Bowhunted 16 days-2, 4 day hunts & 1, 8 day hunt b/4 getting a shot at the ONLY Horned Axis I saw. He showed up on the 4th day, last evening of 4 days of Bowhunting in the rain. His left antler is deformed-he had a healed spot on his hip that looked like he had been gored in a fight.
Attached Thumbnails Lets see some of your Hogs-Exotic pics-axis-deer.jpg  
Old 11-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by huntnma

First hog I stuck with a knife...150lbs

.22 hog weight unknown

first bow hog..122 lbs
There's more but I think 3 is enough, lol.......for now, lol......
The boars are european mounts, wanted to get the first one mounted, but they wanted over $600.00 to do it and at the time, money was tight, so I had to do the next best thing.
here's the first hog after I did the eupropen mount on him.....

Now I know what I am doing with my boar besides eating it. Wife said no to mount, but that skull is awesome, I will fight for that in the house.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Spike

Sorry not so good at the picture thing.Just a few from a days hunting.
The red hog and the bigger black one were both 300-350 5 in the truck

I'm 5'10" and 270 for reference

Same hog before hung.

Two smaller sows.

Killed 7 that morning.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a pic of my 1st hog ever a fellow site member repaired & touched up for me (it had a big rust mark through it). He did a great job & I want to thank him.
Attached Thumbnails Lets see some of your Hogs-Exotic pics-hogtouchup2-copy.jpg  
Old 11-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

My 10 yr. old G-son & his 1st Bow Kill.
Attached Thumbnails Lets see some of your Hogs-Exotic pics-scan0045.jpg  
Old 11-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Spike

hi, im new on this site.
i live in Argentina and with my family operate a hunting ranch in La Pampa.
i have plenty photos of wild boars and exotics.

not a better place in argentina for wild boar hunting than here in "La Colorada"

here is the link for our web page, more than 400 photos !
hope you like the pics !

http://www.cotolacolorada.com
Old 11-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by HogManiac
hi, im new on this site.
i live in Argentina and with my family operate a hunting ranch in La Pampa.
i have plenty photos of wild boars and exotics.

not a better place in argentina for wild boar hunting than here in "La Colorada"

here is the link for our web page, more than 400 photos !
hope you like the pics !

http://www.cotolacolorada.com

here you have the link directly to the pfhoto album, sorry its in spanish

http://www.cotolacolorada.com/Album/index.html
Old 12-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Small Boar shot late Nov '09

Here's a not-so-very-good photo of a small/medium sized boar I got just before Thanksgiving. It's the first kill with my new rifle -- A Browning A-Bolt II in .308. I estimated this one at ~75 Lbs.

Up until now I've been hunting with a British Enfield .303, which has served me quite well. I just wanted another rifle and I'll keep the Enfield as a spare and loaner.

The shooting was a comedy of errors, both on my part and the pigs's. I had been hunting for maybe 1 1/2 hours in the late afternoon, and the sun was going down. I went to a spot where I'd seen some hogs before, and there was a lone boar out in a pasture rooting around for acorns under a single oak tree. I guess because it was dusk (about 10-15 minutes after sundown) I incorrectly estimated the range. I suppose I thought the tree was larger than it really was or something, but I figured the range at 200 yards when it was actually only half that. As a result I missed my first shot, probably shooting over his back. He ran in a half circle away from me, but then stopped. I think he wasn't really sure where the danger was, or perhaps he wanted to get out of the pasture and into the woods. The problem with that (from his viewpoint) would have been that I was at the edge of the woods along the fence line of the pasture.

As I said, he ran maybe 30-35 yards further from me and stopped. I fired again, and missed again. At this time a second boar, having heard the shooting, came running over a rise towards the woods. I hadn't seen him earlier, and if he'd stayed put or run away he would have been just fine. However, he ran towards me and stopped about 75 yards away, facing roughly straight at me. Still thinking the distance was greater than it was, I sighted on him and shot -- striking him in high in the left shoulder, breaking the shoulder blade and then going through the rib cage two inches below the back bone. The shoulder shot put him down, and he was dead by the time I could walk out to him. After I paced off the distance I figured out my mistake(s). I'm blaming it on the poor light. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

My buddy and I cleaned him and then cooked the backstraps with peppers and onions. Mmmmm, good! I cooked some more today with a mustard sauce that I've tried before -- good the second time, too. My buddy took a hind quarter home and smoked it, he said it was also good. Conclusion: that was a good pig!

Then again, any pig that lands in the freezer is good by me.
Attached Thumbnails Lets see some of your Hogs-Exotic pics-medium-boar-22nov09.jpg  
Old 12-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of MANY Oklahoma hogs & this is one of two taken June 2008.
Attached Thumbnails Lets see some of your Hogs-Exotic pics-scan0003.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.