Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Recipes

Old 07-28-2009, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RLoving1
Your gonna turn up down here and expect me to cook some hog after that statement? I don't need this abuse...I abuse myself plenty! That didn't sound quite right did it?
So does that mean that you finally bought that vaccuum machine?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by RLoving1
Running low on hog meat,will have to make it a couple more months to stock up I guess!
Speaking of hog meat, have you talked to Kent lately. I haven't heard from him since his after moving blast... It's almost time for the second annual hog fest. I'm ready.
I came out to the lake house this week end and brought Malachi ( 6 year old grandson) I guess he will keep me busy..
I'll call you later in the week.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't heard a thing outa the boy...the moving mighta got to him! He needs us to rescue him if it would cool off!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Spike

As you know by now we all have our preferences for different hog dishes and if I'm being totally honest I find it hard to put my finger on a particular favorite at any given time.

For me it depends what I'm in the mood for, maybe southern BBQ or pan fried whatever.

I always check out the food network either on TV or internet lots of great ideas http://www.foodtv.com

Good Luck.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Spike

Here's a real simple one....One bottle of french dressing, one jar of apricot preserves and one envelope of lipton soup mix. Mix it all up, put a hunk of meat in there and let it set for a few hours (I do it overnight) cook it and eat it.Simple and tastes great. try it let me know what you think
Old 08-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a smoker made from a 250ga propane tank. Its big enough to handle a whole pig, but normally I quarter them before cooking. I cook with several different kinds of wood like hickory, oak, pecan, but my favorite is plum wood. I smoke the meat for about an hour and a half, then I wrap in foil and use my favorite season's on the meat. Strawberry's dry rub is the best that I have found to use, also I slice garlic and bell peppers and put on the meat. Then I add either a mixture of wickers sauce or allergro marinade to the meat. Depending on the thickness of the meat is how long I cook it, but normally its about all day long. When its done the meat will just fall off the bone. Makes for some fantastic eating for supper.