Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Bomb

Old 06-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hog Bomb

I just got the Bass Pro Shops 2009 master hunting catalog and I see that there's a product called the Hog Bomb. It's an aerosol like the buck bomb except that it's for little piggies. Has anyone used them? The WMA's here in Florida don't allow baiting and this just might be the ticket to luring the hogs out of the swamps and thickets.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hog Bomb

I hate to break it to you, but using Hog Bomb is baiting. Whether the WMA's recognize it or not.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spencer, it's my understanding that attractants are allowed but actual bait is not. They just don't want someone setting up feeders on the management areas. A hog bomb won't attract turkeys or deer ands hogs are considered a nusance.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

Spencer, it's my understanding that attractants are allowed but actual bait is not. They just don't want someone setting up feeders on the management areas. A hog bomb won't attract turkeys or deer ands hogs are considered a nusance.
I understand what you're saying and that's why I said "Whether the WMA's recognize itor not". But it is still technically baiting. I have absolutely nothing against baiting and I frequently use bait myself. It's just the misconception that using a pile of food is the only thing considered baiting that irks me. I'm not sure what is in the Hog-Bomb but I think I saw a can of it at Bass Pro and it said something like it smells like fruit... That would probably attract a deer or a bear if there were any in the area.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

If just scent is NOT considered baiting ( I would check with FWC), you could make your own scent that will blow the hog bomb away. Just sour some corn in a five gallon bucket for two weeks. Drain and keep the water. Pour over a bush. I swear when I make a batch of this up humans can smell it almost a 1/4 mile away. God knows how far hogs can.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the hog bomb just smells like fruit I could just make a spray using strawberry jello. The corn juice is a good idea, it would also work in a spray bottle if dumping it on the ground classifies it as bait.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

According to the FWC officer I spoke with "SCENT" products ar NOT baiting. But then he said hmmmmm....because I put it to him this way. I told him about the corn juice idea and he thought it would be bait, then I asked about deer scent products and he said they were allowed. So I asked him what the difference was. He said he would get back to me on it. Even the FWC does not know and it would be hard pressed for a ruling.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Snook384

According to the FWC officer I spoke with "SCENT" products ar NOT baiting. But then he said hmmmmm....because I put it to him this way. I told him about the corn juice idea and he thought it would be bait, then I asked about deer scent products and he said they were allowed. So I asked him what the difference was. He said he would get back to me on it. Even the FWC does not know and it would be hard pressed for a ruling.
Wow! What a crock that is....
Old 06-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

ORIGINAL: Snook384

Wow! What a crock that is....
I think that the difference is that bait will actually feed the animal or in the case of corn juice it'll make the hog think that there's food in the ground, and it stays behind and continues to attract after you leave. If the attractant is in spray form it'll drift away and the odor will diminish in the breeze. I've never hunted over in Ft. Meyers but I'm sure that it's similar to the east coast where I am. Where these hogs live the muck is deep, the brush is thick and the mosquitos are even thicker. The spray might technically be considered baiting but if fwc says that it's allowed I'm going to try it.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

I think that the difference is that bait will actually feed the animal or in the case of corn juice it'll make the hog think that there's food in the ground, and it stays behind and continues to attract after you leave. If the attractant is in spray form it'll drift away and the odor will diminish in the breeze. I've never hunted over in Ft. Meyers but I'm sure that it's similar to the east coast where I am. Where these hogs live the muck is deep, the brush is thick and the mosquitos are even thicker. The spray might technically be considered baiting but if fwc says that it's allowed I'm going to try it.
More power to you brotha! Like I said, I bait all the time. If it's whithin the guidelines, go for it!

Quick Reply: Hog Bomb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.