Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Axis Advice

Old 04-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Axis Advice

Im going axis hunting this weekend, and was wondering if anyone knows of a good attractent for axis the place Im hunting has a corn feeder but does anyone know of anything else to use. Im planning to take C'Mere Deer.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Axis Advice

We bowhunted a place 4-5 years ago & they came to Alphalfa that some hunters put out-spread it all around where they wanted to shoot-not in a pile. Worked & I did shoot one a few years back eating corn but they all said that was rare. Tough to hunt for sure but a great animal& delicious to eat. Good Luck.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:09 AM

I have used Buck Bran when hunting and the Axis will stop for it quickly. I put it in a line not a pile, roaming animals know piles are not normal but will work over a line of it in no time. I have used the Buckbran to stop hogs, Rams, Black Buck, Axis and Whitetails and it has never failed.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:59 PM

I have always used the spot and stalk method for Axis deer here on Maui. The only problem is if they spot you, there goes your stalk. They have great eyesight, a keen sense of smell and can sneak away from you without you even seeing them. Good luck on your hunt.

Axis