Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

HOGS HOGS HOGS!

Old 03-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HOGS HOGS HOGS!

Next, DRIFTRIDER, I want to thank you as well for your post and would like to clear up a couple of things that you mentioned. The website is still a work in progress and you did make me catch a couple of things that perhaps I need to be more clear about on the website...just part of the process of working out the kinks but I want you and anyone else to be clear on our intentions and how we aim to do things at our ranch. Regarding the trophy fees, no there are normally no trophy fees. We do have a couple of very big blackbucks and a couple of Gold Medal Axis. Those do have a trophy fee and that is stated UP FRONT to anyone who is going to be hunting those species. All Super-Exotics have a trophy fee in addition to a day rate if one is harvested. We do have that any whitetails over 160 will have a trophy fee. All of this will be disclosed up front of anyone hunting those species. There will never be any surprises. We never have any trophy fee on rams, turkeys, or hogs. If someone comes in and kills that 450 pounder (hog) with a bow...right now that will cost them $200 (unless they choose to hunt more than 2 days) and they still get another hog as well. If someone shoots a piggy sow, and we feel it was by accident...we wouldn't enforce that replacement fee. But we do have to have replacement fees. If we do not, there will be hunters who will take advantage of the situation and that is unfortunate. It is up to us how strict we enforce it, but on something like hogs...it would have to be just a blatent disregard for our rules that would make us tack on a replacement fee on a hog.
This would make me feel better about booking a hunt with your outfit. It's not necessarily the fees themselves so much as making sure that everything is up front and clearly defined. No hidden fees or surprises after the hunter has already forked over the booking fees and especially after an animal is down. I would really like to try hog hunting some day. It seems like it'd be a whole lot of fun, and I'm guessing a nice fat sow would be really good eating too. I envy those of you who live in places where the wild pigs roam with no seasons or bag limits. I'd be out every chance I got trying to top off my freezer with cheap wild pork.

Mike
Old 03-17-2009, 08:55 PM

Thank you Mike...I really do appreciate your posts. And I will definitely re-work some things on the website within the next few days. We are amazed at the amount of hogs we have...and they are so much fun to hunt. And way more challenge that what I truly gave them credit for at first...ha ha. Thanks again, Mike!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: dbblung

You need to look at their website a little closer my friend. They offer low-fenced hunts as well!
ORIGINAL: Bocajnala

^^ High fence, yuck.
-Jake
Anyone who's seen the destruction a hog can do to a fence can tell you that a high fence means absolutely nothing when hog hunting.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

[quote]ORIGINAL: AxisBluffRanch

Hi All....

I wasn't going to respond to the posts at first (well other than by PM) but feel I need to address a couple of things. First off...DBBLUNG...come down anytime you can, we would love to have you. And thank you for the nice comments. If there is anything we can do to accomodate you, we will certainly do our best. Secondly, BOCAJNALA...it is a shame that you have nothing other to do in your boredom than be so negative towards other people. But hey you can't please everyone and there are just those people in the world who thrive on negativity. Enough said.

Haha, Nothing negative was pointed at you. Just an opinion. I also appologized 2 days before you got back on. I got on and looked over your sight, read descriptions of all the game because I find all that stuff interesting. I just said it wasn't for me. And than apologized for the post. No hard feelings.
-Jake
Old 03-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've love to go hog hunting with bow someday. I need to buy new one first so hopefully, it still being early in the year, I can get it before the next season.