Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Where to go hog hunting

Old 03-02-2009, 07:46 AM

Default Where to go hog hunting

Me and a buddy are looking to take a hog hunting trip during the off season. We are both in college and dont have much money. We are trying to plan a cheap hog hunt. We prefer to hunt public landwith our bows. We want to put together the cheapest hunt possible where do you think that would be. We are located in Central Kentucky
Old 03-02-2009, 08:35 AM

Default RE: Where to go hog hunting

If you and your friend are up for a little bit of a road trip I would try www.huntingwithjeff.com

Very nice guy, very nice place and very reasonable on his pricing.

As far as "free range"?? Please tell me how to fence in a hog lol. I darned sure can't do it.

The only way I have ever been able to contain a hog is in one of our hog holding pens/traps and that is about 1/4 acre of pipe and welded wire panels.

Hogs tear our fences to hell all the time.

Best of luck to you!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where to go hog hunting

If you're trying to stick with public land, I would recommend visiting the dnr site for the state you want to hunt. Then you can review different WMA's in that state and find out when their hunting seasons are and what the requirements are. That's the downside to public land, they have seasons. If you can find a private piece, you can hunt hogs whenever you want.

Or you can go to an outfitter.