Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Fence or NO Fence?

Old 02-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fence or NO Fence?

Hey guys..I live in Michigan...been on various free range hunts, killed Moose, Caribou, Bear and piles of deer...

However..I found a guy on a ranch in Michigan..and he has been hooking me up with some hunts because of some promotional work I have been doing for him with Videography...Where can you go to get Buffalo meat for 3 dollars a pound? All kinds of exotics...I'm not going to act like a great white hunter...but I've truly had a blast eating and hunting some of their Ferrel hogs...testing out new broadheads...catching cool video...etc..

Any issus with fenced in hunts? I'm cool with both.

Guys in the bowhunting forum tend to get crazy on such a topic.

MW

Old 02-25-2009, 10:55 AM

Default RE: Fence or NO Fence?

I feel fenced hunting is okay. I mean you would be shooting a big deer, which would be very easy. But I rather do free range hunts which gives me more of a sense of accomplishment. High fenced hunting is okay in my book ya know why high fenced hunting will not affect the free ranging population off deer. I have no idea why people make such a big deal off it. If that's what ya like go ahead and do so, you do not have to care what other people think. My only problem is you would not be able to enter your buck in the record books.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

High fence hunting = sinning

Feeders and deer drives= sinning

Nobody can call themselves a real man if they engage in such activities

Old 02-25-2009, 01:25 PM
bigcountry

I have a different take than most. High fence is horrible. I have done it. Won't do it again, especially with dogs. BUT, I am not in the business of telling others they shouldn't do it. I like bird hunting on preservations. Some see it as very wrong. But I get to practice my swing. Have lots of fun with other guys. So I can't tell others not to do it.

But with all that said, I wouldn't mind tryin out some exotic game like axis deer, and can't beat the buffalo price. Even though I don't like high fensing, I would take someone up on an opportunitiy to use my longbow against a buff if it was cheap enough.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Simon - Its all about the meat here...not the hunt....
Old 02-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

Simon - Its all about the meat here...not the hunt....
Dont be taking my response too thoroughly Brian, it was made as a joke
Old 02-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Can't say........ in over 50years of hunting,never hunted fenced...
Old 02-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

I've never done it, and I'm basically too cheap to think about doing it. On the other hand, even if I don't hunt in a high-fence preserve, I use bait to attract hogs.

So, whether it's the fence keeping game in place, or bait attracting them to me, I'm not out there 'stalking' and 'pursuing' animals. I don't think I have any right to criticize someone who hunts in a fenced area.

Do what you enjoy.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

High fence hunting = sinning

Feeders and deer drives= sinning

Nobody can call themselves a real man if they engage in such activities
this is your opinion and i can respect that but people are allowed to hunt thoes ways. while i dont belive in high fence or electric feeders im not going to try and push my views on someone else. i love to do my deer drives during thanksgiveing. i was brought up that way and no one is going to convince me to stop. it is my way of hunting, my opinion on what is moraly ok. and im not gunna lie, the part about "nobody can call themselves a real man if they engage in such activities" sounds a lot like a quote that i heard from a peta websight......
Old 02-27-2009, 01:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

You guys are all mising my point here...

Quick Reply: Fence or NO Fence?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.