Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Damn Dog Hunters!

Old 02-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Damn Dog Hunters!

That is the point of the post. To get people to stop and reflect on how we look and how it hurts us all. The issues have already been addressed at the club level. But ask yourself or anybody reading this, when is the last time you saw somebody damaging our sport and said "hey what the heck are you doing". As far as josh1 goes I would bet he is just rattling a few cages.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: josh1

its not crying.did you ever stop to think that if somebody who does those kinds of things were to read this postit mightget them to think about what it is they are doing and how it makes ALL of us as hunters look bad.
Typically people who do things like knowingly trespass couldn't give a rats ass about what anyone thinks, especially on the internet

If you want to take care of a problem like this then call the local game warden or talk to the owner of the hunting club. Griping about it on here isn't going to do anything for you. I feel for the guy, I've been in similar situations. But, you have to personally do something about it.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to call yourself a hunter then get off your lazy beer drinkn butt and challenge that animals instincts for survival an beat him in his own environment going one on one with all their trick an senses to beat a hunter.

WHAT A JOKE.....If thats what it takes to be a "hunter", thenlemme know when was the last time you went "one on one" with an animal.But I bet i could assume that you"hunt" animalsfrom a distance with a pea shooter, right?And call yourself a hunter, right? I bet your pansy a$$ wouldnt get near a nasty boar with a good set of cutters, then man handle him with your own hands and end it with a knife.

And if you are one of the responsible dog hunters then you need to keep you own inline so that they don’t give you a bad reputation that you don’t deserve.
So do you keep all of the beer drinking, deer "hunting" idots, driving around shooting animals from the back of a truck, in check? Is it right for me to place that burden on you? You seem to have no problem placing that burden on ALL people who hunt hogs with dogs.

As for the guy who added the don’t piss an moan here comment. Your from texas that says it all.
HAHAHAHAHA, thats the best compliment you could have given him. If more people were from texas, you wouldnt hear so much bitching and moaning from people like you.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before this gets blown out of porportion even more, lets make it clear that I am not opposed to rifle hunting at all. I thoroughly enjoy hunting with rifles, dogs, or any other means neccessary. Ihave not, and will not, hunt deer with dogs (though i have no issues with people who do) , but I will hunt hogs with dogs and not think twice. I just find it difficult to listen to somebody try to tell another person what real hunting is when the only "hunting" they do is to shoot a bullet from a distance. Again, not that there is anything wrong hunting with rifles, I enjoy it and do it a lot. However, people need to put their tempers in check, take a look at how to solve their own issues, and leave the broad based bashing to the politicians and liberals. There was no need to come on here and bash all hog doggers because you have an issue within YOUR club. Take care of your problems, instead of complaining about them, and you will be surprised how well things work out most of the time. Coming on this website and bashing responsible hunters will get you nowhere except on people's bad side.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:41 PM

josh it sounds good but i wont put any money on it.. remember it is all about them. most think they are doing nothing wrong
Old 02-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: P3FE

You should be policing your own.
How, exactly, do we go about doing this? Arrest them? Write them a letter telling them how unhappy we are with them? Especially when we have absolutely no clue who they are.

I am a member of a hunt club that is suppose to be still hunt only no dogs. While hog hunting this weekend there where a number of "hunters" running dogs for hogs on our club land and some of these are club members.
Take it up with the club, not us.

They ran their trucks up to my friends feeders and blind area, over his planted road.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but aren't roads for like, you know,......vehicles?

Why is it dog hunters after they screw up and use up their own land have to go out and run rough shod over someone Else's area. Where do they get their sense of entitlement to disrespect/ trespass others land and other hunters in general. I found areas where the dogs squared off with a hog and got the dogs on my game cams.
How do you know they screwed up their land? And it is club land, not your's. Either take it up with the club, buy your own land, or hunt elsewhere.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I fully agree. Some of those damn dog hunters are damn disrespectful of everybody else’s right to enjoy the outdoors. They screw their own land up then move to others. There like locust!
Again, why is everyone assuming hunting hogs with dogs screws up the land?

And I don’t understand how somebody who does that can call themselves a true hunter.
Hunting with dogs is one of the oldest methods of hunting known. Surely nowhere near as hard as drinking a beer, sitting in a padded seat in a heated blind within rock-throwing distance of a cornfeeder.

As for the guy who added the don’t piss an moan here comment. Your from texas that says it all.
I see you aren't from Texas, and I hope you have no plans of gracing our fine state with your presence any time soon.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like your club needs to crack down on some of its members. Hog doggers perform a service to sportsmen and farmers by taking a lot of hogs. Hogs are over-running this part of OK and i have no problem with hog doggers. I did have a problem with one specific hog doggerand he is in a TX prison for a very long time because of me.

The guy cut ourfences and ran his four wheeler up and down a steep hill causing erosion problems. Could get no support from the local sheriff in that county. Finally arrested the guy on our place at gun point: Called the sheriff's office and told them i was goingto kill the guy for trespassing: Thatgot two deputies there right away. They ran the guy through theNCIC and found out that hewas wanted formurder in TX.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Spike

That is not the way I would have worded it, but I have a similar problem. Only I am the only one on this 300 acre lease. Many of the people who live near by refuse to stop hunting the property they never had permission to hunt. They illeagaly run dogs for deer, poach deer, andrun dogs for coon and squirrels while tresspassing. The game warden says he can't do anything unless he catches them doing it. The warden says to call him while they are out there tresspassing and he will come get them. Well I have a job, and they don't. So I can't be there all the time, and they know it. I put up game cams, and they dissapear and show up in the ditch with the card removed. I like to trap. The warden not so subtlely implied I should trap and shoot their dogs. I don't want to do that. I like dogs.Right now that is the best solution I can see.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

What a $h1t storm this post turned out to be. First off I know josh1 and he is a young guy with a strong loveof hunting. He gets very angry when someone makes good hunters look bad. I have seen him go into the palmettoes pistol in hand looking for pigs.He bow hunts, turkey hunts and shoots all his game at close range and that is with bow, rifle or muzzleloader. We are all tired of the hunters who tread all over everyones rights or property.
I isn't about placing burdens on anyone person it's about all of us policing our own. Stop and take a look at what this new administrations attitude toward guns and hunting is. Do you want to give them more ammo? Josh1 is just trying to rattle cages.
Catch a hog by hand and finish it with a knife.................B.S. to that! No thanks.

Quick Reply: Damn Dog Hunters!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.