Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Deleted.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:38 PM

Default Deleted.

Deleted. Please use the classifieds only for this type of solicitation.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Illinois Hog Hunting

ORIGINAL: thelodgeman

... we're hunting hogs in Illinois. Our efforts have worked out great. Our hogs are feral ... started out as simple domestic hogs, ....

.... hogs are plentiful and the fences don't hold'm.
I'm trying to figure out what your stating. Are you're hogs domestics that have been allowed to roam outside the fencing?
Old 01-25-2009, 03:49 PM

Hey, ...

All I'm stating is ... we have hogs, ... feral hogs. They are not in a pen, we don't try to contain them. We hunt them like deer and manage them.

Our efforts in management has been very productive. We don't over hunt them, nor allow them to over run the place either. We also try to remove sows in decrease the reproducing herd.

As for the domestic comment, ... these hogs are not Russian, they are black, brown, red or a combo of these colors.

Does that help ?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

To each his own . .LoL. They don't look quite like feral hogs yet. Given time tho I'm sure they will. Myself, I'm forced to be a hog exterminator and it's hard to imagine folks trying to get them started.
I don't know much about your terrain there but when you consider that sows can have two to three litters a year and their pigs will probably be breeding by 6 months of age you should have more hogs than some folks want pretty soon.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

So-they roam around --no fence? Able to go where ever they please just as a wild animal from property to adjoining property .
If so--what do the adjoining land owners think?
Basically --did you just turn a bunch of pigs lose
Old 01-26-2009, 11:25 AM

Hey guys ...

I ain't picking no fight here. You can say what you feel, that's cool. As for as "laugh out Loud" and talking negative ... you can do that amongst your self. If you don't like what you see or believe me, ... yeah, to each their own.

I'll not play that game. I have better things to do than trash talk someone. I've never seen the point of being a bad mouther ... but again, ... to each their own.

You boys have a good day.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks like you got some good animals....but in one of the pictures theres a kid posing with a boar with a fence right behind him....i thought they werent in fences?
Old 01-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: thelodgeman

Hey guys ...

I ain't picking no fight here. You can say what you feel, that's cool. As for as "laugh out Loud" and talking negative ... you can do that amongst your self. If you don't like what you see or believe me, ... yeah, to each their own.

I'll not play that game. I have better things to do than trash talk someone. I've never seen the point of being a bad mouther ... but again, ... to each their own.

You boys have a good day.

Hey--Iwas asking seriouis questions. Just wondering how it worked was all. --I didnt knowof hogs running wild in western Illinois. But you said no fences . i was just curious

Old 01-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ya don't you need permits etc....you can't just release animals into the wild....even hogs?

Old 01-26-2009, 03:16 PM

The fences won't hold them. All farms have fences and ours does too. They will hold cattle for the most part, but now and again even they will bust a electric wire or feed where the grass is greener. The hogs can slip through water gaps, poor fences spots, and create holes of their own.

We have taken photos by a fence not realizing the backdrop, ... Oops. We have a small population of hogs that can be hunted that do not live in a lot nor get fed by us regularly . They are free to roam. We however do everything possible to shoot many and keep the herd down. We have more boars than sows, and right now, ... we kill young gilts on site. We want few sows to keep the breeding down.

They may very well explode in population ... ??? We hope not.

Hope that helps ...

Quick Reply: Deleted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.