Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Pet piggie

Old 01-16-2009, 07:32 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pet piggie

If he is eating a little of it he'll get the hang of it. Keep the milk replacer in with him all the time, change it every morning as it will sour over 24 hours.

Get a bag of pig starter pellets from the feed store and put them in with him as well. He should figure it our pretty quick.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

seems to being doing good, he had diharia when I first got him but its turned normal now. He's eating baby rice cereal and oatmeal mixed with the milk mix from the feed store, he also ate some fresh corn cut off the cob. He's a trip, he seems to play with my dogs. Do you think he will be ok ifI release him when he gets to big.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

He might make a nuisance of himself if you turn him loose. Pigs are very interesting animals, and too smart for their own good. A boar with no fear of dogs or humans will get into trouble, just a matter of time.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

seems to being doing good, he had diharia when I first got him but its turned normal now. He's eating baby rice cereal and oatmeal mixed with the milk mix from the feed store, he also ate some fresh corn cut off the cob. He's a trip, he seems to play with my dogs. Do you think he will be ok ifI release him when he gets to big.
Cut his pin teeth and balls, it will keep him less aggressive. If he doesn't got to aggressive he will actually think he is a dog before long. I had a #175 domestic pig that wouldn't stay in the pin and would run around with the dog. He would sleep on the front porch with the dog and meet us at the car door when we got home, that is until we had a bar-b-que.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:23 AM

put some milk in a saucer and put it to its mouth. It may not want it at first but it will get the idea.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

whats his pin teeth and how do you cut them ?
He's doing fine and eatin like, well, a pig LOL
Old 01-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

heres video of the piglet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7CLDYb94hU
Old 01-21-2009, 03:14 AM
Spike

Old 01-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

whats his pin teeth and how do you cut them ?
He's doing fine and eatin like, well, a pig LOL
The pin teeth are what will become the tusk later. We would just break them off with a pair of pliers. They are very sharp and if you didn't cut them they would cut the mother as they begin to grow when they suckled.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Name him Barbe

Bar-be-Q

Quick Reply: Pet piggie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.