Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

hog/dog hunt

Old 01-12-2009, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default hog/dog hunt

I broke down and went hog /dog hunting,It was a chance to hunt...I watched the Gator Game, GO GATORS and then I woke up at 3:00 a.m. , talk about tired.....we meet at 5:15, drank a cup of coffee and we were off, 10 minuntes later we're running after the squealing, it was great , there's a buck watching the dog and hog in the ditch and we're on the other side of the buck, he turned , looked at us and took off, beautiful sight it was...Mike's in the ditch, screaming, this ain't my dog, lol..it was, we were the only ones there so far, lol...he stuck it and we gathered it up and we were off again...we're waiting for Reb on the road and theres a hog in front of us and no Reb, Then we heard Reb and then the other hog, we were off again, Mike got tangled up in vines, lol...so me and Irv went into the saw grass pond , we finally got to him and we couldn't see because all of our lights either died or didn't work worth a crap(mine), so Mike grabbed it and I stuck it...
got back to the truck and here comes Toby, he brought us back up to the powerline with the deercart to collect the hog...decided to go one more time.Reb got on a hog in the palmettos, but it ran instead of fighting and he was worn out and just couldn't keep up but he tried he great, it's the first time he's been out in 2 yrs., everyone usually has multiple dogs, we just have Reb and he is a hog machine, he does it all...I love that dog...on the way out, he collapsed, he was so hot and tired, so we let him rest for a few and we decided we were done and went to check out the hogs...I helped Irv clean em, Mike didn't do crap...then i had to go collect the tractor that i had gotten stuck, not once but twice the day before, so it was an extremely long couple of days for me...
The black one is the I stuck.....

Old 01-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: hog/dog hunt

WTG Girl!.............Good Show!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks
Old 01-14-2009, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yall look a little tired

Congrats
Old 01-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jim_IV

Yall look a little tired

Congrats
Just a tad, lol.....it's the hardest hunting I have ever done and I know one day I won't be able to do it, so I'm doing it while i still can, lol....
Old 01-14-2009, 06:25 PM

I'm getting hooked up with some guys who go in and drag 'em out alive. Went last Tuesday, but I got there late and they had already caught a small one. Then I had to leave and they caught one 160ish with some fine cutters. I'm going again soon and hope I get one this time.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: idunno

I'm getting hooked up with some guys who go in and drag 'em out alive. Went last Tuesday, but I got there late and they had already caught a small one. Then I had to leave and they caught one 160ish with some fine cutters. I'm going again soon and hope I get one this time.
I did the dragging out alive part once, it was fun.....we have to make sure that they are dead because it's a W.M.A. that we hunt on and they don't allow them to be alive