Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Doggn & Enigma Camo

Old 01-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Spike

Default Hog Doggn & Enigma Camo

I have been wearing the Enigma BDU Pants & Blouse for about 14 months now. I have had the Enigma set in terrain ranging from the dead brush in Old Mexico, to the Prairie Grass in Alberta Canada. The Camo has been through cactus, mesquite thorns, tumbleweeds, and now TEETH. Yes you read that right, TEETH. My BDU pants have reached a breaking point in their life and here is how it happened.

2 weeks ago, I was filming for our show as we were hunting Hogs with Dogs. For those of you who don’t know, several people use dogs that have a primary job of sniffing out the hogs, and then baying/cornering the hogs. Once they are bayed, then they release catch dogs. Now the catch dogs primary job is to literally bum rush the hog and attack it.

Well all was going as planned until there was another group of hogs that came in to help out the pig that the dogs had solo. The group came in behind us, and made a straight shot towards the solo hog and dogs with us right in the middle. As the hogs came I was the first to get hit as I was behind the hunters. The hog knocked me to the ground and before I knew what hit me the group had already made their way up to the hunters. Immediately the hunters were yelling to RUN. At this point several of the dogs turned away from the solo hog and was now standing over the top of my legs biting, and trying to get a lock on the hogs that were around me. I stood up only to find out that both of my pant legs were caught in-between the dogs mouth and the hog. Out of FEAR, yes fellas I’m admitting fear in this situation, I didn’t wait for the dog to let go and then pull out my legs. I pulled out my legs with all the strength/adrenalin I had going for me tearing both of the pants legs.

As I was able to get away, and assess the damage, I found that during the melee I only ended up with a gash across the front of my shin not deep at all either. The strength and durability of the Enigma Camo had withstood miles and miles of thorns, brush, and bristles and kept me protected. Not only did it protect me from all that, but it even ended up protecting me from getting sliced by the hogs when I get hit the first time and knocked down, or hurt worse than the gash on my shin. I have Chuck to thanks for this, and the quality of his Enigma Camouflage.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hog Doggn & Enigma Camo

Glad to hear you are alright, and even more glad to hear that you had a hunt you willNEVER forget
Old 01-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hog Doggn & Enigma Camo

That's what happens to rookie in the field.