HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   Anyone hunt hogs at Bostick Plantation in Estill, SC? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/281492-anyone-hunt-hogs-bostick-plantation-estill-sc.html)

SWThomas 01-06-2009 06:04 AM

Anyone hunt hogs at Bostick Plantation in Estill, SC?

I'm thinking about taking advatage of a hog hunting special going on right now. I'm just trying to see if anyone has any experience with Bostick Plantation and what you think of the place...

Yankee Doodle 01-06-2009 07:13 AM

RE: Anyone hunt hogs at Bostick Plantation in Estill, SC?

Google "outfitter reviews", click on Hunting information systems, (huntinfo), enter the letter "S" under State. There should be a bunch of info about Bostic. I may be wrong, but as I recall very many of them are not good.
If you are located on the east coast, I have a place for you to try. E-mail me if you want the info.

wild_willie 01-07-2009 08:09 AM

Don't waste your time at Bosticks

SWThomas 01-07-2009 09:41 AM

ORIGINAL: wild_willie

Don't waste your time at Bosticks
I've read a few reviews since posting this and they were horrible. I'm going to pass on this place.

jbar174 01-07-2009 10:24 AM

One of our customers went last year, saw a few hogs, was very unimpressed with service.

macomber 12-08-2010 08:37 PM

Hog hunt at Bostick

1 Attachment(s)
I just got my first boar at Bostick's. My guide Rodney was excellent, and he worked hard to make sure that the hunt met my expectations. I also met Mr. Bostick who was a fine host that treated me well.

Even better, I also observed a father and son team each get a nice boar for a great lifetime family memory. I saw lots of deer on the property also. I thought my experience was a good value for the money and I will consider going back.

patchnball 12-09-2010 06:04 AM

interestering post. Nothing good has been posted for the last several years about the place. Now we have a newby with a positive post......hum

Rebel Hog 12-09-2010 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by SWThomas (Post 3203195)
I'm thinking about taking advatage of a hog hunting special going on right now. I'm just trying to see if anyone has any experience with Bostick Plantation and what you think of the place...

Kosherboy has........Ask him!

Targetsman 02-26-2012 06:40 PM

I am taking the time this evening to register and post hoping my time will save even one person from wasting their money - as I did - at this under-managed, over-hunted, once-was excuse of an outfitter. My group was 5 of the 16 over this past weekend hunting hogs. 16 of us didn't see or take a single hog the whole weekend. The story from the guides is this place has lost their leases on the property and they have been running as many hunters through the stands as possible before the lease ends this month. No feed in any of the feeders. Stands are primarily along dirt roads with narrow shooting lanes to either side. Guides do nothing more than pick up and drop off at a stand. "Guide" is a misnomer - they could barely guide the rat-trap broken down rust bucket of a Toyota out to the fields. Guides rotated all 16 through the same worn out stands. Would only let us see a fraction of the "plantation" - perhaps they have already lost the land rights to the rest. Never saw the owner once after he stole our money at check in. Guides couldn't remember the last time a hog was taken. Repeated questioning of the guides gave increasingly vague answers. Spending the money and not seeing or getting a hog isn't the problem - it's the experience and the obvious scam this clown is running. I will use an outfitter again and will redouble my homework before booking the next trip.

SWThomas 03-08-2012 10:48 PM

Thanks for the post Targetsman. That seems to be the consensus with this place.