Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hogs!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hogs!

Right now in Georgia, the farmers are and have been harvesting their peanut crops. Just 2 weeks ago, I called several farmer about their hog problems, they said the hogs was destroying their crops. I got permission to hunt their land at night and early morning. I had 2 buddies dowm from Athens, Ga. We found the hogs in the harvest peanut fields all hours of the night. So get out there and talk to the farmers, they most likely will give you permission to kill hogs. We didn't want to mess up the deer hunters so we hit the fields from 3 or 4 a.m to 10 a.m. and we saw plenty of hogs. One my buddies killed the first one at about 200 yds, the other couldn't load the rifle. I wouldn"t allow them to load the rifles (mine) until they got out of the truck. But hogs was a plenty.. Only one down the first morning, ab out 200 lbs. More opportunities presented, but thats another story.

So get out there and ask for permission.

dog1
Old 11-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hogs!

Thanks for reminding me. My dad lives right across the street from a HUGE peanut farm. I'm heading down there in two weeks. I'll make sure to bring my shotgun with me and pay the owners a visit.