Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Do hogs eat deer??

Old 10-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Do hogs eat deer??

Yep. Had the strangest thing happen this weekend. I went out deer hunting, and of course ran off several hogs. Shot this doe

She ran out of site, so i did my normal wait for 30 min. before I go get the arrow and head out tracking her. While I was waiting, I hear a crunching sound. Not something normal for this area. Almost like a dog chewing a bone. When I get out of my tree, recover my arrow and track down my deer, I find this.

This is the flip side of the deer in the first pic.. I flipped her over for the pic with the bow to make a better picture. I had seen a hog running from the area I found this deer, so i can only assume that hog ate the side of her face while I was waiting.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:46 PM

Default RE: Do hogs eat deer??

My understanding is that hogs are very opportunistic eaters and will eat nearly anything including other hogs. I don't have any definite experiences with this, but hear that you can bait a hog trap with hog remains and catch another hog

Old 10-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Fork Horn

They are omnivores. They can and will eat just about anything organic and sometimes I swear they will just eat dirt.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, you better believe it. Use this knowledge incase you catch yourself in a justified murder and need to get rid of a body! J/K! Really, they will eat everything.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

Yep, you better believe it. Use this knowledge incase you catch yourself in a justified murder and need to get rid of a body! J/K! Really, they will eat everything.
All joking aside, isn't this one of "organized crimes"favored methods for diposing of bodies? In a roundabout way i bet Jimmie Hoffa made it inside some Jimmie Dean sausage.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

All joking aside, isn't this one of "organized crimes"favored methods for diposing of bodies? In a roundabout way i bet Jimmie Hoffa made it inside some Jimmie Dean sausage.
Well, all joking aside, it sure is. I know this came up in a criminology lecture class in college. I remember the professor claiming that this was a very common way that Outlaw Motocycle Gangs dispose of bodies. I'm pretty sure he was just anti-biker though. "They" claim pigs will eat every part of the human body including hair, teeth and bone.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

"They" claim pigs will eat every part of the human body including hair, teeth and bone.
You just described Rloving's (Rowel) ex-wife, that's what he said.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Read a thread on a TX hog hunters forum a year ago where a guy shot a hog and left a game cam to see what ate on it. The usual at first bussards, coyotes, then a group of hogs came in and ran the other critters of and had there fill.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

What I do know is that I saw a group of hungry hogs in a lot devour a snake in about 30 seconds. We caught a Garder snake at the farm and the farmer said, " Watch this!" He threw that snake in the pen and them hogs went knucking futs! That snake was gone in seconds.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey, back in the 1970's I had 2 pig pens with a Sow and Boar in each of them. I also had 4 female Nubian goats and 1 Male that could roam around the pens. Well, one day the male Nubian decide he wanted some of the hogs food and got into the pen with the largest hogs..............Hey, they ate that Sucker! I paid $500 for that Stupid Sucker, but man he never shot blanks and produced twins most of the time........

Quick Reply: Do hogs eat deer??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.