Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Do hogs eat deer??

Old 10-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Do hogs eat deer??

They will eat anything, like Reb said, they will kill too. I've seen a lot of reports from around the country that they are killing smaller livestock.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

seen em eat catfish remains....figure meat is meat.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

There is evidence that deer will eat dead critters as well.......hard to believe, but the source was a reliable deer rancher and a doctor studying the transfer of TB.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:20 PM

A couple years ago I helped a buddy skin and take the meat off his deer. I asked him whathe does with the bones and hide, he told me he feeds them to the pigs. He just threw the hide and bones in thepen and within five minutes, ten pigs ate everything, nothing was left. It made the hair onthe back of my neck stand up.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Spike

When I was a kid on the farm, my brother and I would shoot groundhogs and throw them in to the (domestic) hog pen. They would go bananas, fighting each other and tearing the groundhogs to shreads in a matter of minutes.

Jeff
Old 10-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

We dump the guts out in the back of our property and the hogs will come in later and clean them up. They are scavengers and will eat anything they find.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

"They" claim pigs will eat every part of the human body including hair, teeth and bone.
You just described Rloving's (Rowel) ex-wife, that's what he said.
And checkbook!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have actually used deer carcasses in the past to attract hogs.....I think it depends on the hogs in the area and their food sourcesas Ihave had this work in one area and not work in others....
Old 10-31-2008, 01:01 AM

Here in Hawaii, if you smell a rotting carcass, chances are the feral Pigs will already have found it. If there is still anything left for them to eat they will be back to feed on it . All you have to do is wait for them to come. As for me, I don't do this because of 2 things:

1. The smell of the rotting carcass is what the pigs smell like that are feeding on it!

2. The idea that they are eating rotting meat rather then Ferns and Guavas, kind of rubs me the wrong way!

Axis

Old 10-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

2 years ago I had shot a buck in the evening and tracked for about 4 hours. The swamp, well not much water then, was so thick I couldnt follow the blood real well and I lost it several times. So next morning as I am pulling in the field which the swamp is buzzards jump on the top of the trees. Now I took a 30-30 but really wasnt wild about shooting. When I got to the open spot he had died where the buzzards were in the baove trees, there was a 300#+ boar chomping on the body. Once I saw him he looked up with blood all over his face. Like something you see in the movies and he ran off. I decided not to shoot because a bigger buck was on the property and wasnt wild about ruining the rest of deer season.

Quick Reply: Do hogs eat deer??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.