Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hogs freaken everywhere

Old 10-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Hogs freaken everywhere

Believe it or not, im sick of seeing the darn things. Since deer season opened, ive seen hogs out the butt. I tagged a doe on opening morning, then after that, its been hog, hogs and more hogs. Last sat. I was setting on a trail with my bow, and waiting for a nice fat doe to get in range. Just as she gets within 60 yards, a dang hog comes out on the trail and runs her off. I should have shot him out of principal. I run the boar off, and within 10 min. another hog comes. I run it off, and yet another shows up, and another and another. This went on till dark. Then while walking back to my truck, I jump two more. There was even a sow and a few piglets walking a head of me down the trail I was takeing back to my truck. Now mark my words. Once I tag out on deer, and start going after the hogs, they will disappear, and all ill see is deer.[:@]
Old 10-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hogs freaken everywhere

The hogs are out of control in some of the areas that i hunt. It is having an adverse effect on the deer population. Deer do not even like to drink from the same ponds as hogs.

Hogs have wised up on the wheat fields. When the wheat is about 1-2" high they go down a row rooting up the seed. On one quarter-secion that i hunt the hogs have destroyed at least 10acres of wheat.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Believe it or not, im sick of seeing the darn things. Since deer season opened, ive seen hogs out the butt. I tagged a doe on opening morning, then after that, its been hog, hogs and more hogs. Last sat. I was setting on a trail with my bow, and waiting for a nice fat doe to get in range. Just as she gets within 60 yards, a dang hog comes out on the trail and runs her off. I should have shot him out of principal. I run the boar off, and within 10 min. another hog comes. I run it off, and yet another shows up, and another and another. This went on till dark. Then while walking back to my truck, I jump two more. There was even a sow and a few piglets walking a head of me down the trail I was takeing back to my truck. Now mark my words. Once I tag out on deer, and start going after the hogs, they will disappear, and all ill see is deer.[:@]

Kent, we been telling ya to yell at me and Russ, we'll take some out... Well I will I don't know about how many Russ can get, he has to get real close.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Rev
Ive been trying to get yall down, but you always got that work thing going on.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to help you with the hogs. I am in Illinois though.

I love pork chops, ribs and sausage. Do feral hogs taste anything like farm raised pigs?

Any desire to hunt large whitetails in south central Illinois?

Bob R.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do feral hogs taste anything like farm raised pigs?
Heck no they taste better than the farm raised ones.

hardly any fat cause the are on the go not locked up in pens, no steriods to make them grow.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Kanga,

If you ever need someone from SA to come up and take out a couple of meat type hogs. My freezer is empty. Wild hog is fantastic for those of you who have never had it.

Jake
Old 10-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Okay let's set a date, Russ is always ready and has the time (he's not near as important as I am) ...any time except for Nov 7-10th I'm hunting in Ok. I'm usually home on weekends... just send a pm to either of us,We're ready and the weather is righteous.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

They will have to get travel clearance through me...since I'm the travelocity gnome!Hey Russ I do have experience killing critter this year...give me shout and I can adminster advice for you....first piece of advice....scent free clothes don't work if you don't bathe!
Old 10-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kanga

hardly any fat
What?!?!
Almost all the hogs we kill are white as marble with fat. On a 138# sow she had a 1 1/2in layer of fat all around her body. With bigger ones, just bump the scale.The hogs we kill dont live where we hunt. We hunt them only from about Sept. till Feb. or when dogs running get them out. The rest of the times they are in fields tearing up the crops. Then around August and September, when farmers cut and get ready to plant they go to the only cover around which is our swamp and they then infiltrate the creek running through the place and make our property home.

Quick Reply: Hogs freaken everywhere

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.