HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   attracting hogs (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/267170-attracting-hogs.html)

gregrn43 10-08-2008 10:39 PM

attracting hogs

I have a question for you experienced hog hunters. On the property next to ours them boys have pictures of several hogs eating out of there feeders and food plots.No sign on ourplace. I have put out soured soy bean and rice trying to draw some to our property with no luck. Anyone out there have any other ideas to draw a porker in?

Rebel Hog 10-08-2008 11:52 PM

RE: attracting hogs

ORIGINAL: gregrn43

I have a question for you experienced hog hunters. On the property next to ours them boys have pictures of several hogs eating out of there feeders and food plots. No sign on our place. I have put out soured soy bean and rice trying to draw some to our property with no luck. Anyone out there have any other ideas to draw a porker in?
Strawberry Cool-Aid!

gregrn43 10-09-2008 02:13 AM

hahahahaha...Does that really work?

Rebel Hog 10-09-2008 02:51 AM

ORIGINAL: gregrn43

hahahahaha...Does that really work?
Wait till some of these Texicans will tell you about it...;)

gregrn43 10-09-2008 03:30 AM

Well that ought to be some cheap bait lol.. Exactly how do you put it out?

drs1961 10-09-2008 07:37 AM

Hog Wild by Evolved Habitats mixed with corn or Buck Jam and water mix poured over corn. Dig a hole with post hole diggers as deep as you can and watch the crater form as they return to get to the bottom. We've had them go five feet deep after that stuff. The Hog Wild smells like berrys so I imagine that's why the strawberry kool-aid works.

burniegoeasily 10-09-2008 07:59 AM

Strawberry jello. Dig a hole with post hole diggers as deep as you can, pour in some corn, add a pack of jello powder (dont make the jello), top of the corn, and add another pack of jello. Once they find it, they will root at it for days to weeks.

gregrn43 10-09-2008 06:07 PM

Thanks fellers im gonna give that a try.

The Rev 10-09-2008 06:25 PM

I'll go for the Stawberry Jello and corn too, it's stronger than cool aid... Now if you want a guaranteed way, take you a five gallon bucket fill it half way with milo then fill it with water, let stand for a about three weeks in the hot sun... Get down wind when you open it and dig a hole like you do the jello and corn. They will come from Texas to get at it.
I will guarantee that with Rebel Hogs life, or Kanga, or Txjorneyman, rloving, NorthTexas, and last but not least Burnie.:D:D:D

Rebel Hog 10-09-2008 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: The Rev

I'll go for the Strawberry Jello and corn too, it's stronger than cool aid... Now if you want a guaranteed way, take you a five gallon bucket fill it half way with milo then fill it with water, let stand for a about three weeks in the hot sun... Get down wind when you open it and dig a hole like you do the jello and corn. They will come from Texas to get at it.
I will guarantee that with Rebel Hogs life, or Kanga, or Txjorneyman, roving, North Texas, and last but not least Burnie.:D:D:D
Now that's a recipe!:)................You're a Connoisseur Rev!:D