Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

attracting hogs

Old 10-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: attracting hogs

My fav.

5 gallon bucket
10 pounds of sugar
1 packet yeast
corn

fill bucket 2/3 rds' full of corn and add sugar and yeast. pour warm water over the mix till covered by a few inches of water. let sit for a week. I swear they will chase down the truck as you drive to your hunting spot. One thing though the syrup water is STICKEY. Try not to spill it in your truck.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea im gonna give that a try and see how it works.. Are neighbors have only 80 acres and we have 550. I really cant understand why we dont see any sign of them. I shot 2 on us 3 years ago and have not seen any sign of them since then.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:06 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: gregrn43

yea im gonna give that a try and see how it works.. Are neighbors have only 80 acres and we have 550. I really cant understand why we dont see any sign of them. I shot 2 on us 3 years ago and have not seen any sign of them since then.
There has to be lots to eat and plenty of water holes to wallow in....
Old 10-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Corn, Corn, Corn, and more Corn!!!! I feed year round!! Late season when all is brown, Alfalfa baleand Corn!!

Old 10-22-2008, 08:57 PM

Get plastic buckets and fill up with corn. Buy the cheapest beer you can afford. Pour it in and wait a week or two. Word of warning..the smell will make you gag....it's soured corn but it is hog manna to them. Dig a hole in the ground and pour it in. Wait overnight. Repeat for several days....guaranteed to see hogs soon after but remember coons like corn too.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:44 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Strawberry jello. Dig a hole with post hole diggers as deep as you can, pour in some corn, add a pack of jello powder (dont make the jello), top of the corn, and add another pack of jello. Once they find it, they will root at it for days to weeks.
I did this with fermented corn and strawberry jello and after 2 days this is what I got.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t=IM000030.flv
Old 10-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Spike

We always try to make it as nasty as possible!!

5 gallon bucket filled with corn, a weeks worth of leftovers, milk, can or two of beer, and leave in the sun for a week or two.(any leftover seafood reallydrives them nuts)! we used to throw in a couple sand fleas in the mix when I lived by the coast!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 PM

This is an easy one.Get two pickle buckets,fill both of them up with deer corn,add two gallons of milk to each one,let sit for three weeks with the lid on.Make sure you dont put this stuff next to any farmers Hayfield cuz your gonna have hogs galore.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

I use corn mixed with grape kool-aid, works for me.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Snook384

My fav.

5 gallon bucket
10 pounds of sugar
1 packet yeast
corn

fill bucket 2/3 rds' full of corn and add sugar and yeast. pour warm water over the mix till covered by a few inches of water. let sit for a week. I swear they will chase down the truck as you drive to your hunting spot. One thing though the syrup water is STICKEY. Try not to spill it in your truck.
I like it like this too. Run it through some copper tubing white it's hot,and into a quart jar. Later add some apples or peaches, maybe even raspberries. Sure keeps ya warm on a cold night.

Quick Reply: attracting hogs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.