Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Hunting hogs in California? >

Hunting hogs in California?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hunting hogs in California?

Old 09-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hunting hogs in California?

ORIGINAL: usa

What a bunch of hipocrite's, " no jesus no peace " How can you go off on a tangent bustin' california instead of just answering the guy's question ? There's 15 million people in Ca and about 1% are gay, you've probably got more gay's in your church percentage wise than we do in Ca. dumbass !
Ouch... I didn't say a word about the gays.. I was talking about the fruits and nuts... Not one word about gays!!

Old 09-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: usa

What a bunch of hipocrite's, " no jesus no peace " How can you go off on a tangent bustin' california instead of just answering the guy's question ? There's 15 million people in Ca and about 1% are gay, you've probably got more gay's in your church percentage wise than we do in Ca. dumbass !
Ouch... I didn't say a word about the gays.. I was talking about the fruits and nuts... Not one word about gays!!
both of you stop it before you get warned and/or banned!.... stupid flamers.... everyone is titled to their own opinion....
Old 09-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Stop it!!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

the funny this is that all nuts are made from the same two things

only difference is a few thousand nucleotides[:-]

Old 09-29-2008, 03:27 PM

I have been reading up on hogs in California. Camp Roberts allows hunting them and I've heard that folks there have decent luck. Has anybody here hunted there? Is it a paperwork nightmare?
Old 10-08-2008, 02:13 PM

Bohous,
I too live in California (northeast of Sacramento). I will give you the best advice based on my experience. First off over 90% of hogs in California are taken on private land. Of those,the majority are takenw/ gun. So what to do? Look into a club called Wilderness Unlimited. They are based out of Hawyard. In a nutshell, members pay a yearly membership to gain access to private lands. You will be suprised what a yearly membership will cost, its worth every penny if your an advid hunter. There are SEVERAL ranches/properties available for hogs. AllWU landsare fair chase and members only. Potential members go through a sceening process and backround check for game infractions. Point is, you will be sharing alot of space with few hunters, all of which I have found friendly, ethical and always willing to help out. I have been in the club for 5 years andalways have a place to go. In fact there is a archery-only ranch near Cloverdale that has ALOT of pigs, so right in your backyard you have a great chance of success.Anyway, just passing along advice in the hopes you can put some pork in your cooler. Best of luck.
Mark
Old 10-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: markminer

Bohous,
I too live in California (northeast of Sacramento). I will give you the best advice based on my experience. First off over 90% of hogs in California are taken on private land. Of those,the majority are takenw/ gun. So what to do? Look into a club called Wilderness Unlimited. They are based out of Hawyard. In a nutshell, members pay a yearly membership to gain access to private lands. You will be suprised what a yearly membership will cost, its worth every penny if your an advid hunter. There are SEVERAL ranches/properties available for hogs. AllWU landsare fair chase and members only. Potential members go through a sceening process and backround check for game infractions. Point is, you will be sharing alot of space with few hunters, all of which I have found friendly, ethical and always willing to help out. I have been in the club for 5 years andalways have a place to go. In fact there is a archery-only ranch near Cloverdale that has ALOT of pigs, so right in your backyard you have a great chance of success.Anyway, just passing along advice in the hopes you can put some pork in your cooler. Best of luck.
Mark
I have heard good and bad about WU. membership to start is around $3k and yearly is around $1500!!! crazy for a hog if you are not a wealthy person.....if you got the money...then by all means i would agree with Mark if they have properties in your area.

the success ratio for public land hogs is less than 1%...so it is not easy....however if you put in the time it is possible
Old 10-08-2008, 05:53 PM

The yearly cost-it's acutually less than $1300.00. BTW, you can make installment payments. Where you heard its 3K to join is incorrect. Go pay someone 2k for a guided hunt. You get TWO days of hunting and one animal. So how is $1300 for a YEAR for MULTIPLE animals bad? OR spend alot more than 3K a year on gas and supplies and aimlessly drive around public land that you may be unfamiliar with. Get the point? My advice is call the office, check out the info on the web and make your own call, best to ya.
Mark
Old 10-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Spike

Bohus,

look up Fort Hunter Liggett on Google. You can get a yearly permit there.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:30 PM

( dumbass) What a way for a Christian to Talk