Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Hogs and exotics from West Texas >

Hogs and exotics from West Texas

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hogs and exotics from West Texas

Old 09-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hogs and exotics from West Texas

Good G2's and width,base's are nice but not massive,possible target but if you don't get him great gene's to put back in pool! I'd be on him like a fat kid on a cookie who am I kidding?I'm gonna be happy getting a doe hunt for meat this year!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd like to see him get a exotic with one of his customs someday!

Me too[8D]
Old 09-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys know, that Kerr WMA fence lineis ourwest fence line and they have draw hunts every Oct. for exotics....
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/wma/find_a_wma/list/?id=12&activity=hunting

Check it out,I think it would be worth a shot. If I had known about it before getting this place I would have entered every year...
Old 09-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Curtis,

I am entered in all the Kerr Exotic hunts. We will see what happens!
Jayson
Old 09-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jayson, I hope you get it...If you go to the east fence lineof that place you will be looking at our ranch on the other side of the fence, well a portion of their fence is our ranch.... I think that place is like 7000 acres....
Old 09-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

You've got me excited about this November. My son and I are invited to hunt exotics at the YO by a guy who has 100 acres on the ranch. We don't get things like audad or blackbuck here in Florida.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I put in for exotics at Kerr or Garner this year...haven't heard anything so thats not a good sign!But I am coming down near there at Walter Buck mid October!Got drew for antlerless/spike with exotics...last year zero success but going to try anyway!Hey Centaur you have plenty of tourist...wouldn't that be exotics?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey brother I wish you the best of luck gettin drawn and if you do get in touch with me and let me know when, I will be up there for the most part of October....We might have to get together and talk huntin...
Old 09-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would be great...I love that country even if I'm not hunting.I've hiked in Lost Maples a couple times and touring the roads down in that region is fantastic.Every time I'm down there makes me wish I still had the sportbike to carve the asphalt!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed, that road FM 1340from Hunt to the Kerr WMA is absolutely amazing.....All the low water river crossings, the big cyprees trees growing along the banks, the views are awesomeand not to mention all the animals thatare normallybe seen!!!!

Quick Reply: Hogs and exotics from West Texas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.