Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 hogs in ohio?! im new to thses critters >

hogs in ohio?! im new to thses critters

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

hogs in ohio?! im new to thses critters

Old 09-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default hogs in ohio?! im new to thses critters

in the past few years ohio has had some boar populations spring up in ohio. im hunting in the south-eastern part of the state. on the property i hunt we have found some possibletracks and there is a small watering hole on one of the many loggin roads on the property. i belive there are boar rollin arond the mud and rubbing or scratching themselves on trees near the mud hole about waist high because the trees are stained w/mud...is this common? never have seen him, BUT a possible photo of one at night on my trail camera.. are these nocturnal for the most part??? any ideas how i can get a crack at this sucker?? i belive there may only be 1-2 hogs
Old 09-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Spike

Default RE: hogs in ohio?! im new to thses critters

yeah the wallowin in the mud and rubbin on trees is real typical of hogs. hogs are not strictly nocturnal but it all depends on weather and moon phases and so on..... One way that you could get him is bait em in with some fermented corn and place itin the area where yer trail cam is, then just sit up in a stand and pick em off. there is a recipe in this forum for the fermented corn mixture

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3008749