Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

stuck one

Old 08-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default stuck one

javeline that is.

did a little hunting yeterday, hogs winded me and they bolted but 4 of these guys didnt. Made a perfect shot at 20 yds under the feeder, ( yes thats the way we roll in Texas )
Dropped on the spot.
Fred Bear TRX 32 100 gr Muzzy 4 blader.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: stuck one

What part of Texas were you hunting? That' one big reason I miss living in S. Texas.

Congrats, glad to see another bow hunter.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Congratulations !

I have always wanted to go hunting Javelina. I understand that they are a little more tenacious than our more common feral hogs. It looks like it's coat is a lot softer that a regular hogs too...
Old 08-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey rev this is in san antonio inside 1604, this place is 10 minutes from my house, the san antonio river runs throught the back of the property, more precise it's right behind the Braunig lake damn.
Loaded with Javelina and hogs, some turkey, havent seen a deer but Ive seen them real close to this property.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the javelina.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

Hey rev this is in san antonio inside 1604, this place is 10 minutes from my house, the san antonio river runs throught the back of the property, more precise it's right behind the Braunig lake damn.
Loaded with Javelina and hogs, some turkey, havent seen a deer but Ive seen them real close to this property.
I used to live in San Antonio, went to high school at Mc Cullum. I spent many days on the San Antonio River as a boy. I was born in Poteet. I miss that part of the country. Movedto the Mertoplex ( Dallas Ft. Worth area) 1966 my dad bought a rifle range in Dallas where I got started in archery. I still have relatives that own hunting ranches in Mc Mullen Co. Lots of big deer and hogs in that part of Texas.

Your certainly in God's country there my friend.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey rev I went to McCollum as well, terrell wells middle school and vestal elementary. My older brother and sis too.
I graduated in '84 my bro in '79.
What years were you there
Ever spent anytime at Timber lake. They just killed a big 'ol gator that kept coming out of that lake and wandering around. He was shewed back a few times but the last time he was found in the parking lot of a newly built apartments.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

Hey rev I went to McCollum as well, terrell wells middle school and vestal elementary. My older brother and sis too.
I graduated in '84 my bro in '79.
What years were you there
Ever spent anytime at Timber lake. They just killed a big 'ol gator that kept coming out of that lake and wandering around. He was shewed back a few times but the last time he was found in the parking lot of a newly built apartments.
I went to schea elementry, Terrell Wells Jr. High and left there in 1966. Mc Collum opened in 1965. I lived on Amber St. I still remeber the address, 409 E Amber.. Went by there several years ago, I thought I was in Mexico ...I played base ball at the ball fields by Stension Field. Fished at Bergs Mill, and hung out at the river by the dam.

Remember swimming at Terrell Wells swimming pool, Remember the smell?
Old 08-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back when you went to school they still had horse and buggies!

Quick Reply: stuck one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.