Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Best tasting Exotic (Doe/Cow) >

Best tasting Exotic (Doe/Cow)

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Best tasting Exotic (Doe/Cow)

Old 07-17-2008, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best tasting Exotic (Doe/Cow)

Axis or yearling whitetail doe! Axis buck or doe...doesn't matter to me but you get a beautiful hide from the axis as a benefit.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Axis in my book is numero uno... Right up there with armadillo..
Axis is great so is Armadillo when you throw them on the pit. Haven't eaten one in years though.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: JeffS

Axis is great so is Armadillo when you throw them on the pit. Haven't eaten one in years though.
Funny, I just got off the phone with Rloving (Rowel) at first he thought I was joking... I haven't eaten armadillo in years either,bestI canremember taste like pork.

Being raised in South Texas in the early fifty's we ate what we killed. My grandmother could make anything taste good.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: JeffS

Funny, I just got off the phone with Rloving (Rowel) at first he thought I was joking... I haven't eaten armadillo in years either,bestI canremember taste like pork.

Being raised in South Texas in the early fifty's we ate what we killed. My grandmother could make anything taste good.
We're getting more of those possums on the half shell around here and I've heard about eating them for years. Read somewhere that they are carriers of TB though. I reckon you'd need to clean them with gloves and make sure they're cooked well done?
Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: drs1961

We're getting more of those possums on the half shell around here and I've heard about eating them for years. Read somewhere that they are carriers of TB though. I reckon you'd need to clean them with gloves and make sure they're cooked well done?

4. Do armadillos carry diseases, such as leprosy?

Wild armadillos have been known to be infected with the bacterium that causes leprosy (Hansen’s disease). The only cases of transmission from armadillos to humans have occurred in rare incidents in which people ate undercooked armadillo meat. If you have a pet (such as a dog, cat, or two-year old) that has recently interacted with an armadillo, you needn't worry about the danger of your pet becoming infected. So long as your dog, cat, or two-year old hasn't been dining on armadillo sushi, you have little cause for concern. Even if your pet does bite an armadillo, the risk of infection is quite low. Your pet is much more likely to be in danger of illness do to encounters with raccoons (prone to rabies), other dogs, cats or children than a (mostly) harmless armadillo.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will stick with the Axis!!!! And leave the dillars for you folks!!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: drs1961

Wild armadillos have been known to be infected with the bacterium that causes leprosy (Hansen’s disease). The only cases of transmission from armadillos to humans have occurred in rare incidents in which people ate undercooked armadillo meat. If you have a pet (such as a dog, cat, or two-year old) that has recently interacted with an armadillo, you needn't worry about the danger of your pet becoming infected. So long as your dog, cat, or two-year old hasn't been dining on armadillo sushi, you have little cause for concern. Even if your pet does bite an armadillo, the risk of infection is quite low. Your pet is much more likely to be in danger of illness do to encounters with raccoons (prone to rabies), other dogs, cats or children than a (mostly) harmless armadillo.

Oh, you're just jealous Mijo... Cause Cubans don't eat what the Meskins do.. .. There ain't no dillos in Cuba, they all got in the raft and left it with Castro.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Oh, you're just jealous Mijo... Cause Cubans don't eat what the Meskins do.. .. There ain't no dillos in Cuba, they all got in the raft and left it with Castro.
Nah!.........They are always asking mepermission to come overand shoot some Dillos and Wabbits!
Old 07-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Axis, Blackbuck, Sika IMO are the best of the bunch and in that order... Fallow is a lap down again IMO compared to the others...

Goatslayer........
Old 07-22-2008, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

[/quote]

Good enough for me, time for a dillo hunt! I'm always looking for something new to put on the grill.

Quick Reply: Best tasting Exotic (Doe/Cow)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.