Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Fort Stewart

Old 05-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Spike

Default Fort Stewart

I have read on this forum that there are a lot of hogs in FT Stewart. I recently killed my first hog with an outfitter and loved it. I am in Va, so really no place to hunt them up here. Can someone give me some info on Stewart, best time of year, locations, can youuse ladder stand? Can you use rifle? etc.

I appreciate any tips....thanks
Old 05-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Fort Stewart

Ft. Stewart is over-run with hogs. Not sure how one goes about hunting there though.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Fort Stewart

I work/hunt out there.There are some hogs,but it is not over run.It used to be 8-10 years ago,but now there is year around hog hunting(except for during turkey season),andno lack of hog hunters,and along with the over population of coyotes they have been thinned considerably.Not trying to discourage you.Youstand a fair chance toget on one if you hit it hard,but the picture that wildlife portrays on their website of an abundant utopia of hogsis just a marketing prop.

You have to have hunters safety certificate.You can use rifle for hogs except during archery,or muzzleloading deer seasons.You can use a stand,but I wouldn't leave it unattended.Stalking is by far the most productive method.If you come down shoot me a pm.I may be able to guide you if I don't have to work.It is a large place 34 miles wide,and 17 miles deep.5 different counties are in it,and there is over 250,000 total acres.(Probably 175,000 huntable,the rest is off limits.)I would bring a GPS.

The pig in their pic on the hog page is about what size 90% of them are.Most are 50-100#

http://www.stewart.army.mil/dpw/wildlife/wild%20boar.htm