Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Booked a hog hunt

Old 05-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Booked a hog hunt

ORIGINAL: dbleyepatches

We booked the hunt with Dos Plumas hunting ranch. Everything we could find about them was positive and their price was pretty good too. What is the part of the hog that is called "the shield"? I assume that this is the shoulder but I am not sure. Are there any sites or pics that show where the hogs vitals are located? There would be nothing worse than hitting one of these things in the shoulder.

One other question, how do you guys care for the meat on hogs? We were thinking about taking a chest freezer with us in the back of my truck and bringing the meat home that way. I think that we will pay to have the hogs quartered but I am not any butchering expert.
Good luck on your hunt. I checked out their website and they seem to be reasonably priced. Take lots of pics and keep us informed......Mike
Old 05-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Booked a hog hunt

Outfitters deserve to have their reputation spread around whether they are good or bad. I will definately post on here how the hunt goes. If I can figure it out, I will post pics too. It is just too bad that it is going to be 10 months away!