Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Anyone Else Seen Hogs Do This? >

Anyone Else Seen Hogs Do This?

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Anyone Else Seen Hogs Do This?

Old 05-15-2008, 04:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Anyone Else Seen Hogs Do This?

Lately i've been hunting wheat fields with a friend and we have been killing a lot of hogs. The hogs in that areaeat the tops off the green wheat.Then they chew it up, suck the juice out and spit outabigchunk of chewed up wheat.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone Else Seen Hogs Do This?

Then they chew it up, suck the juice out and spit outabigchunk of chewed up wheat.
Probably cause there are no tobaccy plants near by

But yes I have seen them do that.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

We have orange trees around here. The pigs will reach up and grab an orange in their mouths and crush it. The juice will come out of the orange and then they spit the orange on the ground after the juice has been squeezed out.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Snook384

We have orange trees around here. The pigs will reach up and grab an orange in their mouths and crush it. The juice will come out of the orange and then they spit the orange on the ground after the juice has been squeezed out.
Never actually seen them do that in the groves, but have seen all the oranges that they squeezed laying there. Gotta love the natural shootinglanes made by the groves.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

I watched a big male do this to about 20 oranges in just a very short time. Then I shot the little female that came to him to say hello.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

I have seen them do the exact same thing over here!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Kanga

Then they chew it up, suck the juice out and spit outabigchunk of chewed up wheat.
Probably cause there are no tobaccy plants near by

But yes I have seen them do that.
And I've seen you do the same thing! If that don't beat all, you put some good ole tobaccy in your mouth and then you spit it out!!! What's wrong with you? You even carry a spit cup when youride with me... Bet you've never seen me do that... Cost to much to spit out this Copenhagen!!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen both of you drool down your chins! Pigs are just that...pigs...eat what they want and waste the rest! Right now in my country they aren't wasting anything...find greenery and water and they will show up...in the middle of the night.100 plus heat and maybe 10% humdity,it's ugly dowm here.[:@]
Old 06-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive only seen about 2-3 hogs in all my hog hunting trips. i have harvested none. i only ever see rooting. nothing like that.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:04 AM

Funny...i think my dog does that as well....maybe he's actually a pig? ....guess it's too late to shoot him. the emotional bond is already set.

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Seen Hogs Do This?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.