HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   Anyone Else Seen Hogs Do This? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/246139-anyone-else-seen-hogs-do.html)

falcon 05-15-2008 04:27 AM

Anyone Else Seen Hogs Do This?

Lately i've been hunting wheat fields with a friend and we have been killing a lot of hogs. The hogs in that areaeat the tops off the green wheat.Then they chew it up, suck the juice out and spit outabigchunk of chewed up wheat.

Kanga 05-15-2008 10:33 AM

RE: Anyone Else Seen Hogs Do This?

Then they chew it up, suck the juice out and spit outabigchunk of chewed up wheat.
Probably cause there are no tobaccy plants near by:D

But yes I have seen them do that.

Snook384 05-15-2008 11:07 AM

We have orange trees around here. The pigs will reach up and grab an orange in their mouths and crush it. The juice will come out of the orange and then they spit the orange on the ground after the juice has been squeezed out.

bigboar23 05-19-2008 12:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Snook384

We have orange trees around here. The pigs will reach up and grab an orange in their mouths and crush it. The juice will come out of the orange and then they spit the orange on the ground after the juice has been squeezed out.
Never actually seen them do that in the groves, but have seen all the oranges that they squeezed laying there. Gotta love the natural shootinglanes made by the groves.

Snook384 05-20-2008 07:22 AM

I watched a big male do this to about 20 oranges in just a very short time. Then I shot the little female that came to him to say hello.

ranchand99 06-04-2008 05:05 PM

I have seen them do the exact same thing over here!

The Rev 06-04-2008 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Kanga

Then they chew it up, suck the juice out and spit outabigchunk of chewed up wheat.
Probably cause there are no tobaccy plants near by:D

But yes I have seen them do that.
And I've seen you do the same thing! If that don't beat all, you put some good ole tobaccy in your mouth and then you spit it out!!! What's wrong with you? You even carry a spit cup when youride with me... Bet you've never seen me do that... Cost to much to spit out this Copenhagen!!!!

RLoving1 06-05-2008 08:38 PM

I've seen both of you drool down your chins! Pigs are just that...pigs...eat what they want and waste the rest! Right now in my country they aren't wasting anything...find greenery and water and they will show up...in the middle of the night.100 plus heat and maybe 10% humdity,it's ugly dowm here.[:@]

childers 06-05-2008 11:19 PM

ive only seen about 2-3 hogs in all my hog hunting trips. i have harvested none. i only ever see rooting. nothing like that.

huntingwithjim 06-06-2008 10:04 AM

Funny...i think my dog does that as well....maybe he's actually a pig? ....guess it's too late to shoot him. the emotional bond is already set.