Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

hog help

Old 04-16-2008, 07:26 PM

Default hog help

about two months ago i had hogs all over my place in wise county and now it seems like theyve disappeared does anyone have any suggestions on how to get them to come back around
Old 04-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: hog help

Sounds like they have moved on to their summer pastures, dont worry they will be back.

Do you have feeders up and working?
Old 04-17-2008, 06:14 PM

Default RE: hog help

i sure do
Old 04-17-2008, 07:23 PM

Default Hog Help

Im pretty sureI know the habits of hogs. SoIlltell you what I know hogs have different places that they stay but they but they have one main place they stay. I call it the wagon wheel effect. The middle part of the wheel is the main living spot then the spokes are like their trails and where the spoke ends on the outside of the wheel is like their vacation or feeding spots that they will stay at for a while. Your spot sounds like one of their vacation spots or feeding grounds. I would suggest that you keep feed for them to keep them coming to your area. Good luck you can email me at [email protected] or go to my site www.hogrustlers.net.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hog Help

We have the same thing they will disappear for around 2 months each year but don't worry they will be back. We have herds of up to 40 move through all the time. We've sat out at night and shot as many as 10 from a single blind. Just leaving the mlay there until we finshed shooting. They would run off and in a few minutes come right back.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Just curious...why would you want them back?
Old 04-23-2008, 10:57 AM

i just like to hunt them
Old 04-23-2008, 06:55 PM

Who wouldn't want them back! LOL!!! I know, I know, the nutrition the hogs get steals the nutrition for the racks! I use a few different methods of keeping them at the feeder. Feeder additives and not just corn, creosole rope or twine around a tree soaked in Black Gold or similar for rubbing posts, drippers with sow in heat or big PVC drippers with Pig Out or similar and post holes filled with layers of corn and additive as deep asI can dig them. Put that setup near water and heavy cover and they have a tough time leaving for any significant period of time.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

Ctothe bone,
I think they all moved to the Coca Cola Rd. Uot of Jacksboro.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Boar Dog

Im pretty sureI know the habits of hogs. SoIlltell you what I know hogs have different places that they stay but they but they have one main place they stay. I call it the wagon wheel effect. The middle part of the wheel is the main living spot then the spokes are like their trails and where the spoke ends on the outside of the wheel is like their vacation or feeding spots that they will stay at for a while. Your spot sounds like one of their vacation spots or feeding grounds. I would suggest that you keep feed for them to keep them coming to your area. Good luck you can email me at [email protected] or go to my site www.hogrustlers.net.
This is true...good advise!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.