HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   Hog Hunt South Georgia (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/241403-hog-hunt-south-georgia.html)

eightydeucehunter 04-08-2008 11:36 AM

Hog Hunt South Georgia

Ok, question first: Did South Georgia Bad Boars go out of business? I can't seem to find them on the web anymore.

Here's what I'm trying to track down...a hog hunt (hopefully with an outfitter someone has used before and that has a decent reputation) for this summer in the southwestern or southern part of GA. I'll be "cooling" my heels at happyland (AKA FT Benning) so I'm looking for some weekend recreation. Here's the catch...I'm trying to stay under $200 a day. if I could get the whole weekend for under $300 I can pretty well garauntee return business from me within a couple of months (if I go to a place more than once I usually try to take someone with me the second time) Anyone got any suggestions? Any irritated farmers out there with Hog issues...more than willing to share whatever I take folks.

shamlin 04-08-2008 06:01 PM

RE: Hog Hunt South Georgia

Man I dont know where you are from, but you should check out Fort Stewart around Savannah GA. You pay like 60$ and get a year long hunting pass and shoot hogs till your hearts content. They have a web-site you should chech it out, and thay havr camping areas. On the site they actuall highlite where hogs are a problem for them and they encourage people to hunt there. I have deer hunted down there before and I would say about a halg a day of scouting and you can find some hogs. Just an idea.

eightydeucehunter 04-09-2008 06:38 AM

Aweswome, thanks for the heads up, I might have to make a trip over there.

Folically Challenged 04-09-2008 07:49 AM

I'm leaving next Thursday for a hunt with Yellow Bluff Adventures in Rhine, GA: South-Southeast of Macon. They want $250/day, but it sounds like a pretty good setup. When I get back, I'll post on here with my experience.

FC

Rebel Hog 04-09-2008 08:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Folically Challenged

I'm leaving next Thursday for a hunt with Yellow Bluff Adventures in Rhine, GA: South-Southeast of Macon. They want $250/day, but it sounds like a pretty good setup. When I get back, I'll post on here with my experience.

FC
Good Luck

Hunting Guides

Yellow Bluff Adventure Society offer one of the largest hog plantations in South Georgia. Located in Telfair County, we manage 6 miles of riverfront ...
huntingsociety.org/Georgia.html - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
[/align]

eightydeucehunter 04-09-2008 10:53 AM

Reb,That site was exactly what I needed. Does anyone know anything about the Buckeye Lodge in Cusetta, GA? I'm wondering what their success rate is like so that I can decide if I want to hunt with them or not.

hog_hunter_57 04-09-2008 11:24 AM

You should check out jaggerpro.com looks like a cool night hunt

eightydeucehunter 04-09-2008 11:54 AM

Can't get the site to pull up...could you post a link?

RugerM77.270 04-09-2008 12:28 PM

I read something to other day that said Ft. Benning was having hog problems. They have a full time hog hunter employed and let anyone stationed there hunt.

eightydeucehunter 04-10-2008 07:44 AM

Awesome, I'm not local there so I figured I'd put out some feelers on what the situation is down there. Thanks for the heads up.