HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/239121-hog-hunting-nightmare.html)

HunterOpel 03-25-2008 03:33 PM

Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!

This really seems to be the trend in Texas, REALLY BAD HOG HUNTING GUIDES!!!
I know there are some good ones but C R Outfitters isnt one of them..They are out of college station, Texas.. He sells hunts on ebay, Unlimited Hogs and Predators, He told me that we would be only ones in camp since we were hunting 5 days Monday thru Friday..There were 10 hunters in camp, 8 never saw a hog, 2 did and one killed a 40#er, Horrible camp, and only 2 meals, one was under cooked chicken and one was a pancake on a stick, no lodge..Campers, they werent to bad..It was a nightmare, he made $5000.00 that week for one 40# hog, expensive pork..pic of camp

HunterOpel 03-25-2008 03:35 PM

RE: Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!

Another pic..Nicest camper was owners..

Rebel Hog 03-25-2008 04:04 PM

Dang!...Bummer!.......It's like Fishing, sometimes you do and sometimes you don't!:)

brushbustin 03-25-2008 05:44 PM

That sucks,sorry to hear about that.

robbcayman 03-25-2008 06:38 PM

Wow, I would have asked for my money back. Before I ever go on a paid hunt I want to know what my chances are of seeing an animal. Also, I ask if they have feeders I will be hunting over,do they have blinds,stands etc... I also look at the pics of the animals they have recently hunted and ask for previous hunters contact info to see what they liked and didn't.

I hate to see anyone get burned on a deal like this. I have heard good things about this place http://www.doubledoubleranch.com/

907Alaska 03-25-2008 07:52 PM

I would be a little more than torqued off, when I walked away...
What a bummer...

HunterOpel 03-26-2008 03:18 AM

I have filed a complaint with the texas attorney generals office and states attorney, the morning we left the owner and guide were gone..Oh he had a good talk, lots of feeders and seeing tons of hogs is what he told us, he said everyone leaves with at least 3 hogs and lots of varmints..He had pics of lots of hogs, but when we got there the owner and guides were the one in the pics, we talked to the guy they lease there ground from and he said the first 2 years they shot lots of hogs, the Owner..Not the hunters..I only saw one set of tracks in 5 days and it was after the 3 in rain they got..He would leave us in the stands 4-8 hours longer then we wanted, he left 2 of us all night, I was p_ssed off and he knew it so he left only seen him twice the whole time..It was BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huntinlady 03-26-2008 08:54 AM

Some guys went down south hog hunting not sure where it was and the hog hunting was bad. There were 4 of them and this is what they got .

SP10 03-26-2008 08:58 AM

ORIGINAL: HunterOpel

..I only saw one set of tracks in 5 days and it was after the 3 in rain they got..
I have had better luck than that hunting by myself on Public Lands in California (only 5% of hogs taken in California are killed on Public lands) so I can imagine howunhappy you must be with those kind of results on what was advertised as a guided hunt on private lands. The California DFG keeps a list of approved guides and their specialties that is available on the DFGwebsite. I do not know how thoroughly the State checks the guides'credentials or what kind of standards they use but it probably offers some protection against the absolutely miserable guide it sounds like you got stuck with. You might want to check with the Texas DFG and see if they also keep a list of approved guides and file a complaint with them if they do.

burniegoeasily 03-26-2008 10:54 AM

Sorry to hear that. Personally, there aint a hog on this planet Id pay a red cent to hunt. But then agian, they are a problem on my land. can shoot them any time I want and only pay gas money.