Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!! >

Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!

Old 04-06-2008, 06:50 AM
Spike

Default RE: Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!

Yep. We got some PIMPS around here too. They are doing staged hog hunts. They trap them elsewhere and then bring them back to their hog fenced area. The client thinks he is on hundreds of acres. Really it is about 80. Yep, everybody gets a hog there, in about an hour, then they get sent home before they figure out they are hunting in the hog pen. Another place uses the shape of the land to funnel the hogs to the client. They just put the client in a stand then go up the draw a few hundred yards and open the hog trap.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: muslmutt

Yep. We got some PIMPS around here too. They are doing staged hog hunts. They trap them elsewhere and then bring them back to their hog fenced area. The client thinks he is on hundreds of acres. Really it is about 80. Yep, everybody gets a hog there, in about an hour, then they get sent home before they figure out they are hunting in the hog pen. Another place uses the shape of the land to funnel the hogs to the client. They just put the client in a stand then go up the draw a few hundred yards and open the hog trap.
If I were paying for a hunt, I'd much rather go on a shoot like this and get some meat rather than getting ripped off. I wouldnt call it a hunt but a meat shoot at best, hell thats 10 times better than going to the store and buying some pork.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:27 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Some guys I know went down and hunted hogs in TX. Guy told them that he had lots of hogs and javelinas. The shot a javelina the first night and that was it for them. Never saw another hog. I wonder if it is the same place????
Old 04-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, some people will say anything to make a quick penny
If you are interested in the college station area, i live in navasota dn in piedmont these guys have lots of hogs and the family that runs it are good family friends. Almost everyone you know has been or knows someone who has been huntin on Moody Ranch
http://moodyranch.com/