Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Currently Hog Hunting & Baiting in Oklahoma >

Currently Hog Hunting & Baiting in Oklahoma

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Currently Hog Hunting & Baiting in Oklahoma

Old 03-17-2008, 04:03 PM

Default Currently Hog Hunting & Baiting in Oklahoma

If any of you could help me with baiting hog it would be appreciated. A friend of mine and I are hunting hog in Lincoln county Oklahomaand we've seen many hog tracks. We've been baiting with apples, carrots and potatoes. I bought a 50 pound bag of corn this evening. I've also got a 4 pound bag of Hog Wild Beast Feast. This stuff smells really good and sweet. What are your recommendations on mixing and planting for attracting wild hog? The place we are hunting in has a fairly large gully through it with hog tracks. We are planning on baiting this week and hunting EARLY saturday morning.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Currently Hog Hunting & Baiting in Oklahoma

Take a post hole digger with you and go down about 3ft add the corn and hog wild back fill the hole.

Now if you had more time I would put the corn and hog wild into a gabage can and cover with water put the lid back on and let sour for about a week then do what I said above.

If you leave the corn on the top of the ground it will be gone in no time but if you bury it the hogs will keep coming back untill it's all gone.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 PM

i hunt in north texas and the best way ive foundis to sour corn and use the PHD method (post hole digger) and the best and fastest way ive found to sour corn was a five gallon bucket 3/4 full of corn and fill with buttermilk and let it set in the sun until it stanks
Old 03-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I wish I could bait hogs here in California
Old 03-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Somethingwe have done and had great success with to get them coming is take the corn andput in2 gallon ziploc's add some hog wild and water, put them in the sun for a few hours then put tht out on the ground when you are going to be hunting, you will also want to do the PHD method, but the first few times you plan to hunt take that ziploc with you and spread on top of the ground your hunting. We use this method on a place we hunt one week out of the year, works great for us. Good luck
Old 03-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Acorn feeder with a digital timer works good. You can ussually train the hogs to show up when the feeder goes off. Just make sure you either hang the feeder from a tree or strap it to the tree because they will trash the poles then tear you feeder appart.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:21 AM

Thursday I went to the hunting property and dug about 5 holes and put corn in them. I also threw lots of corn out around the area. This morning we went hunting and found many tracks. All the corn on the ground is gone. Athough none of the buried corn wasrooted up. We did see 3 deer and heard a few turkey. There are hog tracks all over this 80 acres so we know they are there. We've been there twice before sunrise and waited til about 8 - 9. We haven't seena hogyet.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:58 PM

we have a problem w them coming in pretty late at nite here in north texas u might want to try a little spotlighting if its legal where u are otherwise i would put a timed feeder out and pour a bag of hog wild over the corn to get them coming out during the day another thing ive noticed is that hogs will hang out in the evening hours on my freshly plowed field
Old 03-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Last time I checked, you can spotlight them in OK if you get permission from the land owner and a permit from the local game warden. I would look into it though.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dean, you should go to academy and get a moultrie d40 game camer for $90. That way you will know what size of hogs, and how many.

Quick Reply: Currently Hog Hunting & Baiting in Oklahoma

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.