Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

european boar pic

Old 02-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default european boar pic

Here is the picture again. He is one of our breeder european boars. seperate from our hunting operation. He is very dangerous to be around. He makes great offspring .WE offer pure european boar hunts on our perserve.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:07 PM

Default RE: european boar pic

very impressive animal, do they tend to bay up fast or do they run and fight.
I think my farmer buddys would tar and feather me if i spread those genes around here
what kind of live weight and how long to trophy size.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Most of the Eurasian hogs have been watered down quite a bit in the feral population. A true breed is really cool looking.

Dont the true Russian, Asian, and European hogs only get up to 200lbs at the very most? I belileve its the domestic hogs that have gone feral and breed with the Eurasians that have allowed them to get up to 1000 lbs. Or to my understanding.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's a good looking hog.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Yes on the average most europeans will be around 250 to 300lbs .But with the high protein food and the genetics from over the years they do get bigger. The Biggest European boar that i have seen was 607 pounds and he was 13 years old. Very few europeans will get this big. Most places in Tennesse will cross a domestic with a european to get a 500 to 700lbs hog with in 2 to 3 years. europeans are 200lbs at 2 years old. Just to give you an idea. That is one reason These boars cost more money to hunt them.Imaginefeeding one hog 25lbs a week for 3 years . That is just one hog. It cost a lot. OH thanks for the compliment on the boar. He is a mean tempered Boar. But is fun to watch and take care of.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: European boar pic

ORIGINAL: teejarrardjr

Here is the picture again. He is one of our breeder European boars. separate from our hunting operation. He is very dangerous to be around. He makes great offspring .WE offer pure European boar hunts on our preserve.

Here are some South Carolina Eurasians!.....They look like the GrandDaddy's to that one!