Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

broad head

Old 02-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: broad head

Is it possible some bows just tune easier than others
Yes it is.

Some bows are easy to tune and then some are a real pain in the behind to tune but all bows are tunable.

I like the sound of cut on contact and have plenty of time and with right help I am going to try to get the 3 tunes together and go with c.o.c b/h's!
Well IMHO they are the best but you must pick a good head one that has thick blades, I personally wont go below .040 blade thickness, have had thinner blades bend and break when they hit a solid bone but the thick ones will just smash through.

I am not anti Mech I have used them in the past, but a lot of people think they dont have to tune their bow and use mech's as a band aid for their untuned bow.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Ausie, I just tuned my bow in the key of E and shoots so much more betta.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can tune a bow,tune a piano but can you tune a fish (get it tuna fish?) I'll go real slow next time for some of you!
Old 02-10-2008, 03:12 PM

Besides tunning issues , I like fixed blade because of how they hold up after shot. Whether a miss or a pass through my heads hit alot of hard surfaces. Ive shot muzzys into trees and a rock before and dug one of them them out , then shot a goat later on that day with it. So , are Mechanicals that durable??? Can they penetrate any better through hogs armour than fixed blade??
Id like to try them if those two questions turn out to be yes
Old 02-18-2008, 08:10 PM

Im using a fixed blade magnus snuffer ss, 100 grain
Old 02-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you're in the mood to check out broadheads, I recommend Slick Tricks. We shoot them in 125gr and the penetration is amazing. The exit wound has got to be seen.

The few times the arrow didn't pass through was because it hit the ground on the way out.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: huntin nut

what broad head do you guy use on hogs fix blade 100gr or 100 gr mechical
I don't bow hunt, but my close hunting friends that do, use these 125gr.......

Old 02-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Mechanicals will work, but a fixed cut on contact work so much better. Ive lost hogs using mechanical, I have yet to lose one with fixed heads. And im talking about lots of hog, not just a few.

My favorits and depending on bow and kind of bow are. Slick tricks, Muzzy three blades, stinger, and Monotec G 5. There are many good heads, these are just the ones ive used and like.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Mechanicals will work, but a fixed cut on contact work so much better. Ive lost hogs using mechanical, I have yet to lose one with fixed heads. And im talking about lots of hog, not just a few.

My favorits and depending on bow and kind of bow are. Slick tricks, Muzzy three blades, stinger, and Monotec G 5. There are many good heads, these are just the ones ive used and like.
I agree, my all time favorite is Muzzy Phantom 220 grain broadhead. It's akiller!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

I agree, my all time favorite is Muzzy Phantom 220 grain broadhead. It's akiller!

Is that what you shot that deer with last year? All most of us need for deer size game is the 100-125 weight range isn't it?

Quick Reply: broad head

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.