Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 hunting liscense for hogs in TX? >

hunting liscense for hogs in TX?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

hunting liscense for hogs in TX?

Old 12-28-2007, 06:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: hunting liscense for hogs in TX?

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

A 5 day non-resident license is $45. The fine for hunting without a licenseis a good bit higher. You decide.
I agree with Greg.

Texas Game Wardens are not going to be fooled. They know the geography and landowners of each sector they control. They know who is hunting and who is actually getting rid of pests. Fines can range to 25,000 dollars and time in jail...
Plus if you come in my state to hunt, I want you pay your fees like everyone else, or you're just poaching.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: npaden

I may have to take you up on the offer if I can't make it out to do something about them soon. I have a trap out there that they completely avoid and they never seem to be around when I am out there.

I have plenty running around that's for sure!

I'd be happy to help out as well. I want a couple of the little red ones. MMmmmmmm....... BBQ!
Old 12-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Come guys, Good Grief!!! Give the guy a break. He doesn't need anyone mooching off him. If he wanted you, he'd ask you to hunt,,, Can I come too....,
Old 12-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Come guys, Good Grief!!! Give the guy a break. He doesn't need anyone mooching off him. If he wanted you, he'd ask you to hunt,,, Can I come too....,
This coming from our "mooch coach"! I would even pay for the honor myself.He wouldn't have to help identify or track or tell me what gender it is....But thats a whole different story ain't it coach?
Old 12-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

A 5 day non-resident license is $45. The fine for hunting without a licenseis a good bit higher. You decide.
I agree with Greg.

Texas Game Wardens are not going to be fooled. They know the geography and landowners of each sector they control. They know who is hunting and who is actually getting rid of pests. Fines can range to 25,000 dollars and time in jail...
Plus if you come in my state to hunt, I want you pay your fees like everyone else, or you're just poaching.
I don't agree, but the next time I see a game warden I'll ask about it.

The regulationsseem prettyclear that if you are helping the landowner get rid of them as pests you don't need a license. Now if I was charging money for someone to hunt my land that would be hunting, but letting them go by for free to kill pigs that are destroying my property, I'm not so sure that is hunting even if they plan on eating them. Trapping pigs doesn't require a license and you can sell those at a profit.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as some of you volunteering to shoot some of the vermin running around my property, I'll keep it under advisement. I need tocheck on liability issues and stuff like that. I don't want to have anyone out hunting it until after deer season is over for sure, but some of you archery folks might not scare the deer away as bad as if I had someone out there blasting away with a rifle on them. Right now I can't get down there for at least a month and I may try to trap them a couple more times, I think that would be even more effective and less of a distraction for the deer.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep bait out as much as possible and when season is over they will get comfy and should be easy trapping them! I'm confused too about trapping them no problem but shooting them having to have lisence...sounds like politics got involved somewhere if that the case! I completely understand about your liability concerns with folks hunting your property too!
Old 12-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

This coming from our "mooch coach"! I would even pay for the honor myself.He wouldn't have to help identify or track or tell me what gender it is....But thats a whole different story ain't it coach?
Call me anything but Coach.. I'll forgive you this time, but if you ever call me that again, I'm going to punch you in the mouth, even if I have to bend down to do it.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Empty ur pm's or I'll kick your walker out from under you gramps! Don't make me drive 6 hours just to get arrested for abuse to the elderly!
Old 12-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

I'll try and clear this up a bit......

If you are hunting hogs in Texas , YES you WILL NEED a license.............

YES there is a Clause in the regs for helping out a landowner with depredation hunting(and NOT having a license)........BUT!!!! AND its a BIG ONE, YOU CANNOT REMOVE THE HOG FROM THE PROPERTY and YOU CANNOT utilize it for food...

LETs face it, just buy a damn license and dont try and skirt the law, just buy a dang 45.00 license and hunt , HAVE FUN, and KILL ALOT of these stinking pigs...EAT PORK THE REAL WHITE MEAT!!

Quick Reply: hunting liscense for hogs in TX?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.