Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hogs in NC Need help!

Old 12-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hogs in NC Need help!

Scrubed

Old 12-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with hog hunter 57. You can probably find some hog hunters with dogs in your area. If you cannot locate any, let me know. I know of some folks in Tennessee that have dogs and love to hunt them. Hog hunter 57 is right in that you need to obtain permission from surrounding land owners to allow the dogs and hunters access. If you cannot get that access, don't use dogs. Some hogs will run a long ways before taking a stand, so they might cross more than one property.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

I ahve a club here in South carolina that is seeing the same thing although they enjoy the hogs, i would suggest you let some of thee guys come down and hunt them and maybe contact some of the trappers down by the water shed on the border .
when i lived in the upstate area of south carolina i got request to go to NC to killhogs all the time and never really put a dent on them. dogs , catch cages and still hunters are what you need to get rid of them
Old 12-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Guys, thanks for the insight and info. We plan on hitting them hard after New Years. We have some dog hunters coming and the adjoining farmers/landowners seem to be in accord with thinning them out.

The neighbors brother just killed a couple a few days ago, not sure what exactly. I'll update and hopefully have some pics.of them critters.

Thanks again,

Jamie
Old 01-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

jbar - I am in NC and would love to come down and shoot some hogs! Maybe we can work something out?

PM me if interested
Old 01-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

One way to bait up hogs is to wire a piece of carpet around a tree and pour waste oil on the carpet. Those hogs will come to that before they come to corn or any other bait and they will come to that all throughout the day to rubin that oil, especially on warm days. Set up several ambush spots where you can sneak up on them. Main thing with sneaking up onhogs is having the wind in your face. They can't see very good and they don't hear much better...but they sure can smell!

Anotherthing some guys I know in South Texas do is rent a helecopter and fly the property and the chopper will make those hogs start running. bring a case of buckshot and put it on thier nose. I've never done this but it sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 01-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

My father in law lives in South Port and I visit a bunch from VA. We would love to come and shoot hogs with you. We would even throw in some $ for you if that helps.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Guys,thanks for the replies and advice. We have some local guys in there and they have taken a few(no pics yet).

I plan on setting up a camera this weekend, so hopefully I will have something to share soon. From what we've seen it shouldshow alot of hogs. I've been busy and haven't been able to go sit, hopefully that will soon change!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:41 PM

I know a few guys that would be up for a weekend hog hunt if you need more help.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:57 PM

I know quite a few guys if you want hunters around to keep the pressure on. Where in NC are we talking? I'm down fayetteville way but as the saying goes "have gun will travel".

Quick Reply: Hogs in NC Need help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.