Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

bigger hog traps?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:39 PM

Default bigger hog traps?

do any of yall have some websites or ideas yall can give me ...that are some big traps for hogs? we made one out of a 50 foot chain link fenceline but we need an idea for the door....any one got some ideas
Old 12-20-2007, 06:15 PM

Default RE: bigger hog traps?

does anyone trap hogs on this thing or wut
Old 12-21-2007, 07:13 AM

there are several types of doors.you just have to look around for the different one.

I use the gilitine doors on all my traps. (doors the fall stright down when the hogs hits the trigger , the wire releases the door and it falls. never had a problem with these.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm finishing up spring-loaded saloon-style door out of square tubing and angle iron. I have everything built except the spring tensioners.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:36 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

The big "pen" type traps that I have seen use the standard slide or guillotine type door. The trip wire was usually take off to the side at an acute angle so the first hog through the gate didn't trip it.

Kind of off in the corner so that the hogs have to walk around the pen before it gets tripped. I've seen 10-12 caught in a night with that set up.

Have also seen them with a short alley way to go through to get into the bigger pen, the trip wire or string in most cases was in the corner outside the alley way. You'll have a lot of hogs visit and never trip it but that isn't a bad thing. They keep coming back and you'll end up with a pile of them. If you just want them dead take a shotgun when you go to check and sneak up on the trap. If there is a sow inside and the little ones don't get caught they will be right there. Same if the little fellas are inside, mama won't be far away.

I will caution you that if you get a big boar hog in there he'll likely destroy the pen and get out. Give them that much room to roam around and they'll tear it up.

Good luck.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:00 AM

hey there north texan could you send me some piks or plans on how to built it? thats the same thing im trying to biult but ive only found one plan or idea on it and it wasnt to good but i think that door will do me best and catch the most hogs
Old 12-24-2007, 10:51 AM

You might get some good ideas here:
http://www.texasboars.com/trapping/traps.html
Old 12-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: chuck41

You might get some good ideas here:
http://www.texasboars.com/trapping/traps.html
Best website on the web when it comes to hogs and trapping...
Old 12-24-2007, 03:15 PM

yea but texas boars dont have trappin ideas except for guill...and slide and whatever...but thanks any ways
Old 12-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

You want to make a big ass trap, make a big Figure 6 trap, its really simple and will hold a lot of hogs...

Quick Reply: bigger hog traps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.