Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 A couple of eating piggies >

A couple of eating piggies

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

A couple of eating piggies

Old 10-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A couple of eating piggies

We body shoot them to get them to run off and die out of sight out of mind. The coyotes and carrion birds need to eat too and they think hogs are yummy.!
If we don't want to eat them we leave them for the coyotes or mountain lions to eat though we always try to kill them on the spot and then drag them off. Even though they are taking over and do a lot of damage we try not to make them suffer just like we would any other animal we shoot.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:55 PM

where do you hunt w/ mountian lions?
i would love to kill a big cat like that.. one of the ultimate trophys.
my #1 trophy choice would be a Polar Bear....
or even a Bald eagle, manitee, or some other endangered species.
LOL im just joking about those last few, but a Polar bear would be my favorate. they are not endangered.
I would like to find a place out in west texas where there is more mountian lions, i have always wanted 1 on my wall.
They are on several south texasranches i hunt, but of course the chances of actually seeing one is rare.

i have only seen 3 in the wild.
1 of them, INSIDE San Antonio City limits..
1604 / hwy 37 south area near the Dos Rios Sewage treatment plant.

the other 2 were walking down the edge of a road together at a friends Ranch in Mexico.
we just watched them while we were BBQ outside.
but another friend was walking on the other side of the ranch with the only gun we had there.
(too risky bringing guns or even bullets into mexico)
Old 10-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

where do you hunt w/ mountian lions?
We have a big one where I hunt in East Texas never seen it though we shot one about 5 years ago. The one now we see the tracks alot. Also I have a place near Big Bend and there are a lot of them there.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Spike

JeffS, an earshot hog usually falls dead on the spot.A lung shot hog (where I'll bet mosthunters are aimingbased on the intense interest that you see in the location of the vitals on this site) usually runs a number of yards before collapsing, ie. out of sight which is what I desire if recovery for food is not an object. In general lung/heart shots do not cause instantaneous death,generally it takessomething that disrupts the central nervous systemto do that. There is nochange in"suffering" for the hog if a heart/lung shot is usedwhether it is recovered or not.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Spike

Two more bit the dust to the 17yesterday morning.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like the black one was nursing some little ones or about to drop some on the ground!Either way don't think you damaged the population,good shooting! We have lions south of me down around Sheffield/Ozana area,the sheep and goat ranchers hate them and govt' trapper can't kill what he can't see.No season on them in Texas and most ranchers are thankful if you get one!They wise up with pressure and seem to disappear!