Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

WI pigs

Old 07-27-2007, 05:04 PM

Default WI pigs

Anyone hear about feral pigs in Wisconsin. I know they're around and I'd like to hunt them but Im not sure where to start. Any suggestions?
Old 07-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WI pigs

They find them in the western part of the state along the Mississippi River in the rolling hills and bluffs.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:46 AM

Supposedly we have a bunch in Eau Claire... anyone got some adive or tips for hunting them?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:18 PM

I am looking to set up a hog hunt for myself and some friends. After contacting the DNR, I have found out that there are a number of scattered places in WI with feral hog sightings, kills, and populations. The biggest concentration seems to be in Crawford County in S/W WI. The DNR was kind enough to send me some general info through the email,however, it is their policy that they do not give out specific land owner info. I have also heard that, even though there have been some complaints, many of the land owners won't let hunters ontheir land to hunt anyway. That being said, I am thinking of heading down there and knocking on some doors. Maybe if I and my buddies offer themsome kind of "tresspassing fee"to let us on their land for a couple of days it could be worth it.
Also,it would be a good idea to look at theDNR website and read what theyhave to say about feral pig policy. They have some pretty strict rules about releasing pigs into the wild, as well as running some sort of "game farm" with "wild" pigs. As far as hunting feral pigs they require a small game license to hunt, unless you are a land owner. And they ask to be notified of akill so that they can collect blood and diaphram tissue for disease testing.
If I get any more info, I will post it here. I would appreciate it if youor anyone else reading this would post any info on places in WI to hunt wild pigs.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:36 PM

Yeah I hang out 3 places... the Outdoor Channel, Here in the forumns and DNR Website... lol... I read up on them Feral Pigs and saw the map. I would look at Public Hunting Grounds and hunt there. I am going to head into August for Bow Season and carry my small game license, cuz if I see a Feral pig I am keeping it LOL