Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

What deases do hog have

Old 07-10-2007, 05:28 PM

Default What deases do hog have

what kind of deases can hog carrer this time of year and how can you get rid of them
Old 07-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What deases do hog have

Nothing you can cook out of them. The biggest problem with killing hogs this time of year is getting them cooled down fast enough. It's best to have an atv or other means to them them on ice quick, just because of the heat.. Wild hogs like domestic hogs do carry trichinosis.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What deases do hog have

I am by far not an expert, but I am pretty sure that hogs don't "carry" any "disease" that can't be taken care of with proper cooking of the meat.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What diseases do hog have

Like everyone has mentioned, enough cooking heat will destroy any danger of disease.

What you do have to watch out for is Trichinosis while butchering and you have any knife nicks on you fingers or hands. Wearing Rubber Gloves while butchering will prevent any danger of blood transfer.