Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Some hogs from May 25 to June 6th >

Some hogs from May 25 to June 6th

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Some hogs from May 25 to June 6th

Old 06-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default Some hogs from May 25 to June 6th

Here are some piney woods rooters taken since 5/25/07...

I went hunting with my friend Eric after work and found a florida truck was at the original spot I wanted to go to so I parked my truck and got in with Eric.We struck gold at the first spot,but got busted by nearly a dozen 10 pounders!LOL..Then I saw two 90-100 pounders run off.
We went to several spots with no luck at all.Eric suggested we go back.I really didn't think anything would be there,but with no other options left and it getting close to dark I decided why not.

When we got back to the spot I caught movement.I stopped Eric,there was a deer about 40yds from us!She turned and ran away,and started blowing.I slipped very quickly to an opening and there was a hog.I got low behind some brush and found an opening to shoot through.The hog was very nervous,and was running up and stopping over and over.
I got a clean shot,and she stopped at about 60yds.The 30-06 cracked and the hog took off.She was looking very weak in the front,and I could see her front hooves dragging as she hit the brush line.I then heard a little thrashing.

Eric thought for sure I had missed,because of his angle,but I told him i was 100% sure I had hit her perfect.We eased over to where I last heard her,and we saw where she had drug her hooves.As we walked out there to look for blood Eric turned back around and saw my 90# sow laying in the brush line.Awesome hunt indeed!

Finally got a chance to go back out on 5/30/07.I didn't get off work until 7pm,and only had an hour and a half of daylight left.I checked several spots with no luck.On my way to my next spot I rounded the curve and saw hogs all in the road.I slammed on brakes and put it in retreat.I grabbed some bullets,and struck off at an angle from the road to see if I could cut them off in the very open longleaf pines.About 250yds from the truck and 100 yds in the woods I saw them all rooting around.

I started to put the stalk on them.A brown one and black one were feeding my way.There were about 11 hogs all together.The brown one threw his head up when he was about 35yds away just as the wind shifted.I knew I had been busted so I hammered him.The black one ran and stopped to figure out what was going on.When she did I dropped her.All the rest of the hogs took off.I picked out one of the 30 pounders on the run and hit him.I tried to run up and get another shot,but couldn't.No skill involved in this hunt besides a little shooting skills and a ton of luck.[8D]

I believe this is the same group of hogs I got a pic of a month or so ago about 400yds from where I shot them.In that pic I think the 2 80-85 pounders I shot are on the right side.
Here's that group of hogs in April...

Here's all 3 of the ones I brought home...

Me and Eric got together after work again yesterday.We tried a few spots with no luck besides a few deer and 2 hens.We went to another spot,and as we were slippin' down a trail I saw a hog.

When I raised my hand to point her out she saw me too.She bolted and as she ran across the path at 40yds Eric downed her for good.He made an excellent running shot!

She was about 85lbs...Here's Erics sow.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Some hogs from May 25 to June 6th

nice........i wanna hunt so bad.....
Old 06-08-2007, 06:09 AM

That would have been fun. Good luck on your next trip out.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great story and pics!
Old 06-09-2007, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like y'all have got some mighty tasty pork recently. Fun hunting is just as good as hard hunting. Congrats.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Dominant Buck

WTG 99, Good Job!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:43 AM

here is one i got back a couple years ago. i didn't weigh it but it took four of us to get it in the pickup. the tenderloins were big as my leg and almost as long. my guess on the weight was about #350 or so. there was a red sow with little'uns in the same field that you could easily tell was much bigger but that was the last time i saw them.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice looking hogs, good job
Old 06-13-2007, 05:20 PM

Nice pigs. Looks like fun. Soon they will be here in Michigan and hopefully I can have a chance at some!
Old 06-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Spike

Hey, Im from JAX Fla, where are you hunting at? private land? cant hunt on public all year round right?

Quick Reply: Some hogs from May 25 to June 6th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.