Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

new hogzilla!!!

Old 05-31-2007, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: new hogzilla!!!

ORIGINAL: North Texan

Nice hog. The kill........not so much. Before the next hog hunt, somebody needs to put in some more time at the range and working on shot placement.
AMEN Brother!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:59 PM

I am not sure about photoshop but, the way the photos were taken made the hog lookmuch bigger than real life. Not sure I buy 10'-7".

It is nice hog but, also why are thesemonster pigs always cloaked with shakey facts.

Why have we never seen one weighed on certified scales orshown with a tape on it? Makes you wonder.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Spike

The latest I found on the internet:

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — State wildlife officials said Wednesday they want to know how the huge hog dubbed "Monster Pig" got into a fenced hunting preserve where it was chased down and shot to death by an 11-year-old boy.

The young hunter is not accused of doing anything illegal, but the head enforcement officer for Alabama's wildlife agency said agents are trying to determine if anyone broke a state law prohibiting the transportation and release of live feral swine.

"There are some questions about where the animal came from, how he got there, how long he'd been there," said Allan Andress, enforcement chief for the Alabama Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Division.

Andress said officials also will review whether the hunt complied with the state's "fair chase" law, which requires that prey at hunting plantations have a reasonable chance of escape.

Eddy Borden, the owner of the spread where the hunt occurred, declined comment on how the hog got into the 150-acre fenced-in area where it was killed last month by Jamison Stone of Pickensville.

Borden said he was getting tired of questions about the hog, which Jamison's father said weighed 1,051 pounds and measured 9 feet, 4 inches from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. The kill drew international attention.

"I didn't ask for the publicity. I just want it to all go away," said Borden, whose Lost Creek Plantation is located in east Alabama.

Keith O'Neal, one of the guides who accompanied Jamison and father Mike Stone on the paid hunt, said he was unsure if the super swine was placed in the enclosure or grew up it.

Jamison was hunting with his father and the guides on May 3 when he killed the giant pig. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Mike Stone said neither he nor his son did anything wrong.

"It's an 11-year-old boy who went hunting," said Mike Stone. "He was enjoying all the attention at first, but it's all getting old."

Andress said there is nothing illegal about a child hunting in Alabama.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Eddy Borden, the owner of the spread where the hunt occurred, declined comment on how the hog got into the 150-acre fenced-in area where it was killed last month by Jamison Stone of Pickensville.
There is no way in hell you could own 150 acres and not know that a half ton hog lived there. It's bullsheit.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

So much for Hogzilla II:

http://www.annistonstar.com/showcase/2007/as-open-0601-bstrickland-7f01i1244.htm

Old 06-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, before he was hogzilla II this pig was called by another name, Fred the tame farm pig. LOL! This whole story has been one of the most pathetic sagas I have every seen. If you check the price list at this place this guy would have had to pay about 2000 dollars for this hog that his kid shot. Now it's been exposed as a tame domestic hog transported to the site just for the slaughter. Even worse the guy buys his 11 year old kid a 500 magnum hand cannon that the kid can't hit a barn with and it takes him 16 shots and 3 hours to finally down ole tame Fred. Thendad runs to every media outlet in America like his son has killed bigfoot witha slingshot only to have the truth come out and make him a laughing stock. Lord have mercy what a mess.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is very, very bad PR for true hunters. Whoever came up with this asinine idea to send out a kid no less to shot what turned out to be a pet giant domestic bore hog and call it a "feral hog hunt” needs to be publicly condemned, if not caned.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:59 PM

high fence pile of crap is what that pig was! Hogs don't grow that big in the wild.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

Yep, before he was hogzilla II this pig was called by another name, Fred the tame farm pig. LOL! This whole story has been one of the most pathetic sagas I have every seen. If you check the price list at this place this guy would have had to pay about 2000 dollars for this hog that his kid shot. Now it's been exposed as a tame domestic hog transported to the site just for the slaughter. Even worse the guy buys his 11 year old kid a 500 magnum hand cannon that the kid can't hit a barn with and it takes him 16 shots and 3 hours to finally down ole tame Fred. Thendad runs to every media outlet in America like his son has killed bigfoot witha slingshot only to have the truth come out and make him a laughing stock. Lord have mercy what a mess.
Amen to that!!!!!!! I am sick of all this crap that people pull looking for a little fame and publicity. They obviously killed the pig for no other reason.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:55 PM

I agree with Uncle Matt >>>>>>>this is the one and only HOGZILLA

Quick Reply: new hogzilla!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.