Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Looking for someone with dogs. >

Looking for someone with dogs.

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Looking for someone with dogs.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:25 PM

Default RE: Looking for someone with dogs.

i have dogs but it would be around oct before i could come that way.i do guided hunts all the time.your more than welcome to tag along but we don't use guns just knives
Old 05-23-2007, 01:12 AM

Default RE: Looking for someone with dogs.

Hello,

I moved to Wichita, KS from Austin, TX. I was starting to get more into hog hunting and was still attending the bayings when I had to suddenly relocate. Found out hog hunting is restricted to those who get a special permit from the state and written/typed permission from the landowners. Since I'm new, I've not had much success. I do not have many dogs..I currently own a blue lacy and had to place my catahoula with my friend in Texas on account he got to 80 lbs and was picking on my fiancee's older fat dogs, lol. As it is, I'm looking to maybe buy a pup..preferably registered catahoula, bmc, or blue lacy but with my newborn son...I also work part time and go to school part time..I don't exactly have much money to spend. Are there any good bay pens I could check out in Oklahoma? My lacy was starting to get good at baying hogs when he got seriously cut up by a hog..then took him a long time to get better then I took him to a bay comp..should've not done that. He didn't want anything to do with the hog...he wasn't scared of it..just didn't like strangers looking at him AND I wasn't in the bay pen. He's ok with people he knows tho..then bad news, few months later he saw a squirrel when I was gettin' mail outside and tried to catch it..he got hit by a car..front leg was broken in 4 places..costed me $1,400 to get it fixed. He's fine now except vet suggests that he not hunt anymore due to possible future damage to his leg. He does get tired on some days running around but doesn't give up hunting so I'm gonna need a pup to help him out. Private message me or email me at: [email protected] thank you. I'm still looking for bay pens to work him in.